Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
936 Posts
Really not bad also the cigarette plug is even faster, no need to open or close hood. And if anyone interested autogeek.net has them on sale. Few different models. And no I am not affiliated with them just got it cheaper from them then direct and shipping was fast too. lol!

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
5,208 Posts
is the email concerning the VCI hanging up and causing the drainage? if so, can you email me a copy also just incase i need to bring the truck into the dealership incause the optima doesn't help. i'm gonna try to atleast drive the truck once a week from now on. it usually sits there for 2-3 weeks at a time also. i work everyday so i'm constantly driving my Accord to work. 7 days a week is rough.
This is what the email was.

http://www.tbssowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41160

IDK that it will help though as a parasitic drain can be caused by about 8 million things. There are several TSBs out on this issue, so I would bet they would follow them before anything. If you do decide you want me to eamil you a .pdf, LMK. I will sure do that for you. I guess it would help a bit if you brought it to show the dealership as a possible "starting point". As for driving it once a week, mine got the point it would kill a battery in a matter of hours.

If its the VCI buying an optima won't do shit. Just lighten your wallet.
:iamwithstupid: 100%

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
166 Posts
Just went to start my truck and she's deader than dead. It sat for 1 week, I drove it on a really short trip. Prob 5 miles RT, sat another week and now it's toast. No lights, buzzers, remote entry, nothing! It's like there is no battery in the truck!

Anyone have any idea why my key is now stuck in the ignition? I cannot get it out?!? Also, I cannot shift into neutral, being AWD how would a tow truck be able to tow me to the dealer if I can't shift into neutral?

Lasty, why is the battery locked under that stupid bar / cage? I have no electrical access in my car port and wanted to take it inside to hit it with the charger.

·
The one and only JJ
14,071 Posts
undo yur battery cables and then reconnect then u should be able to turn ignition.

Take your ss in and have them do a parasitic drain and leave it with them for 48 hrs and let them decide what they find.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
166 Posts
Will do! I take it that it's comoon for the key to get stuck in the ignition when the battery is dead? Will this also allow me to access neutral? Why does the key get stuck? :wtf:

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD - 3SS TBSS
2,617 Posts
something like this would work well if you park it outside during the day:

This particular model does not come with a cigarette adapter (mine does)...

Sunforce 50022 5-Watt Solar Battery Trickle Charger

Price: $54.65 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping

Product Features:
5-watt solar charger plugs into your vehicle's 12-volt lighter socket
Works with automobile, all terrain vehicle (ATV), personal water craft (PWC), and boat batteries
Made of durable ABS plastic and amorphous solar cells
Includes alligator clips for direct connection to a battery
Measures 14 x 0.75 x 13 inches (WxHxD) and weighs 4 pounds

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
5,208 Posts
Thats still just a band aid fix IMO. This shit should NOT be happening. I am sure many would rather spend their hard earned money on things other than fixing GM's mistakes.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,842 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
936 Posts
Ssnowflake, I was gonna get that model but figured the one I got will work better. I like that it has a stronger charging capacity. I also let the truck sit 3-4 weeks during winter and it works great. It took about 16 hours to charge the first time and maintains it even if voltage drops it kicks in. After driving and hooking it back up takes 2-3 hours and full charge again. I used to take it out for short drives during winter but was not enough for the alt. to charge. If you start with a fully charged battery I think the model you are looking at should work fine.

·
Canadian
TrailblazerSS
2,118 Posts
Just went to start my truck and she's deader than dead. It sat for 1 week, I drove it on a really short trip. Prob 5 miles RT, sat another week and now it's toast. No lights, buzzers, remote entry, nothing! It's like there is no battery in the truck!

Anyone have any idea why my key is now stuck in the ignition? I cannot get it out?!? Also, I cannot shift into neutral, being AWD how would a tow truck be able to tow me to the dealer if I can't shift into neutral?

Lasty, why is the battery locked under that stupid bar / cage? I have no electrical access in my car port and wanted to take it inside to hit it with the charger.
1: key stays stuck when battery is dead

2: they will use dolly's under the opposite wheels they lift

3: that bar and cover is shit, I use an optima with a billet hold down. no bar, no cover

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is a chronic issue with the SS and yes DOwork (member on here has info). I actually took my SS into dealership the other day to figure whats going on and will have feedback within a few days I'm guessing. An Optima wont help you as i went this route and it still does same stuff. I actually just changed to Optima because my STOCK BATTERY FINALLY TOOK A DUMP. I do have a high-end Alarm that lights up interior like a gay disco bar when its armed, but at same time i rarely drive my ss so i dont know whats going on. Theres a bulletin you can tell SERVICE tech about, but other than that i dont know what to tell you. Ive heard anything from replacing OnSTAR unit to taking out fuse for rear hatch. I will find out soon and i will tell you what they feel my issue is.
I have tried to take that fuse off and the OnStar service really died, but, the car do not started anymore. I had to reinstall the fuse and things came back to normal. I'm having issues with the battery as well. I believe it is OnStar's falt but can't remove the fuse.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts