Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this article while doing research on modifying my new TBSS...

10 Best Mods for Trailblazer SS

Curious as to how people on these forums feel about these recommendations? I'm leaning very heavily on the oil pickup tube (my vehicle is AWD), transmission cooler, and fan upgrade because my top priority is trying to ensure longevity of my motor. Not really as concerned about performance upgrades just yet, that can wait...for a little bit at least.

Is there anything else recommended to increase the lifespan of my motor and transmission that they missed?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sub-12 second 1/4 mile time in your signature is pretty impressive, Ssam98. Do you think they missed any key upgrades to help get the most out of our drivetrain?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
126 Posts
TBSS Top Ten

All except the turbo are OK. A Maggie or FAST Intake would be my replacement for the Turbo.

·
TT AWD TBSS Jeep
TT AWD SS Pwrd Jeep
5,825 Posts
Turbo FTW, my turbo on my LS2 went 11.5 @ 115 - maggies eat crank hp to turn, thats no headers, stock intake, stock heads, stock TB, just LS9 cam.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Depends if a guy wants to "Set it and forget it" or if he likes messing and tinkering. Turbo setups are more for the tinker types who aren't happy with just getting some extra jam and just staying there.

·
Premium Member
Sold
5,775 Posts
11.23 @120 on a P1-SC-1 Procharger. Custom cam, bigger injectors and some DRs - good weather too I guess.

·
TBSS Fleet Owner
'07 TBSS
13,611 Posts

·
Banned
18,856 Posts
I did a Mid 11 as well with a 1900 and a high 10 on a 2300.....SO the Maggie is the best "BOLT ON" DD option still.....no matter what anyone says or thinks. I think a Turbo is awesome, I think a Procharger sounds cool.....but if you want it to sound and drive like stock until you put it to the wood.....A Maggie is the way to go on these trucks. I know where a Whole Maggie setup is right here in Ohio FS *Cough Cough*

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
TT AWD TBSS Jeep
TT AWD SS Pwrd Jeep
5,825 Posts
I did [email protected] with my Maggie 1900
And what other mods you leave out. Mine was almost stock other than LS9 cam. Let me guess, you had headers, custom cam, dual exhaust, and probably better or upgraded heads?

If Im wrong, I will step down, take a bow, and congrats.

Lets compare costs, I spent $2800 on the FI side of it, not counti g trans, and was stock LS2 refurb. How much did you spend???

:)

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,043 Posts
And what other mods you leave out. Mine was almost stock other than LS9 cam. Let me guess, you had headers, custom cam, dual exhaust, and probably better or upgraded heads?

Lets compare costs, I spent $2800 on the FI side of it, not counti g trans, and was stock LS2 refurb. How much did you spend???

Walter I think you left out the fire suppression cost for your tbss. Just kidding with you. I saw it run at gld and it was a good couple of runs.:cheers1:

·
Premium Member
06 TrailblazerSS
4,726 Posts

look at my page, 06 tbss [email protected] stock every thing with 1900tvs, and I spend 4k for tvs1900 and installed my self, so there DD.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts