Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my last car was a Subaru Impreza WRX STI, and if you know much about the Subie community you know that those guys are obsessed with which oil is best for their motors. The general consensus amongst most community members it that Mobil 1 Synthetic 5w-30 (recommended by the manufacturer) is absolute garbage in those motors, and so most will swear by Rotella T6, while a few still hang on to other suitable alternatives, like "German Castrol" (which in my experience was impossible to find).

Enough about that, I'm curious as to what brand and weight the TBSS community prefers. If you live in the midwest, do you change weight between summer and winter? Any of you guys send out samples to Blackstone or spend time obsessing over on Bob Is The Oil Guy? I did a search but didn't really find any posts specific to this topic...if I missed something, please feel free to link me! Thanks in advance for any input on this-

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
466 Posts
German Castrol is popular here too. I just got tired of running around to find it or having to order it.

Me, I run Mobil 1 European 0w-40. Get it by the jug at Walmart. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439746946.246198.jpg

I always make sure I run it with a quality filter.

Good luck!

Reactions: KA47

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
466 Posts
As far as I'm concerned oil and filters for one's vehicle holds the same opinions as what's best to clean a gun....an endless amount of options and preferences.

I run the above oil and the longer Wix filter.

But, I don't live my life a 1/4 mile at a time either.

Others will have their input!

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
Rotella t 15-40
I ran t6 once and my motor was noisy as shit in a few hundred miles. I changed oil to check for glitter it was that bad. I put Castrol in it and it was a ton better.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,481 Posts
I ran t6 once and my motor was noisy as shit in a few hundred miles. I changed oil to check for glitter it was that bad. I put Castrol in it and it was a ton better.
That's what Thompson motorsports recommend for it, so that's what I use. They gave me a one year warranty, so I followed all they're directions

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
350 Posts
I use rotella 15w40 and switch up the filter from time to time but mostly using wix.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,679 Posts
Mobil 1 5W30. The folks that built the car know what to use in it better than I do and that's what they recommend.
Eh maybe on a stock trailblazer, but I wouldn't say that's true on something thats modified and driven hard.

·
Premium Member
2008 Trailblazer SS
2,764 Posts
Mobil1 0w40 here. During hot days with 5w30 the pressure was dropping lower than what I felt comfortable seeing. Problem solved with the 0w40.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 43 Posts