Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals. I have 1.7 yella terra roller rockers on my SS. Its got trick flow heads comp cam. One of my rocker arms broke and I can't find the same ones that's in my truck now. Tick performance built it and Alvin tuned it. Could I go with a 1.8 and still be safe to use as my daily driver? Any info will be greatly appreciated!

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,503 Posts
Hey guys and gals. I have 1.7 yella terra roller rockers on my SS. Its got trick flow heads comp cam. One of my rocker arms broke and I can't find the same ones that's in my truck now. Tick performance built it and Alvin tuned it. Could I go with a 1.8 and still be safe to use as my daily driver? Any info will be greatly appreciated!
I would not use a 1.8 rocker with most comp grinds. I do have a set of 1.7 YT rockers for sale with low miles...

·
Registered
826 Posts
LT1z has a set for sale for pretty cheap in the FS section.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why did you take them off? And they will work on my heads right? What's shipping to 29673? Sorry for all the questions!

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,503 Posts
Why did you take them off? And they will work on my heads right? What's shipping to 29673? Sorry for all the questions!
Took them off because I am changing my setup.

They are part number 6645 and will fit a TFS head cathedral port head.

The price is $300 shipped to anywhere in the lower 48

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,503 Posts
Payment sent! Thanks Matt!! :coolthumb:
Thanks. Glad it worked out for both of us. Do you need the shins that come with the rockers? I have them somewhere but did not use them on my install since I needed a diffrrent height to get the wipe pattern set. I assume who ever did your install shimmed the rockers to the proper height for your set up and you should be able to re use those shims.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I shouldnt. But thanks. Im just trying to figure out why it broke. Wasnt in the gas hard at all when it happened. It makes a hell of a racket when one breaks!! LOL! Im gonna list it under the "shit happens" file!

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,503 Posts
I shouldnt. But thanks. Im just trying to figure out why it broke. Wasnt in the gas hard at all when it happened. It makes a hell of a racket when one breaks!! LOL! Im gonna list it under the "shit happens" file!
There was a bad batch around the summer of 09. a few people had them break at the pushrods cup.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts