Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think about it? How does it drive? Launch? I've been tossing around the idea of going bigger with the cam and using the yank 4000 convertor for a really lethal street combo.:muahaha:
It will be on the truck in sig.Thanks

·
Premium Member
2008 Imperial Blue
4,473 Posts
Do you run LT's?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in altitude, assuming you are (not sure where Burlington is), but you don't want to kill your low end too much with a bigger cam.

You may be better off saving up for a blower, but I know that's a lot to bite off at once.

I guess I should have asked if you have any converter (other than stock) right now, but I was assuming you did, but now that I read your sig more carefully, you don't mention one.

So, in retrospect, I personally would put some converter in (probably not that high of a stall, unless you don't DD it), but not put in a bigger cam. You need more air, not necessarily higher rpm torque values.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do have longtubes and a 3000 stall right now,but the 11.6 CR and the cam I have has so much low end torque that its useless the street.Anything below 45mph is just a smoke show even with 295s on the rear.
I would like to shift the powerband higher to take advantage of the heads and intake I have but at same time I dont want my current convertor to hold me back.
I have heard nothing but good things about Yank convertors and I will be getting the 3600 or the 4000 but its not a DD so I figure go big or go home.

Just looking for thoughts and ideas.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts