Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
'07 3SS AWD
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a thread asking for some help on connecting an audio jack to the xm radio connections, but I figured I'd start a new one to detail the install and finish.

What I did was use the XM radio box's right/left speaker wires and ground to connect a stripped 6' audio jack, so whenever I go to XM on the HU, my Zune plays. Only problem is that the steering wheel track changer button (seek) doesn't work.

It's a terrible pic but it kinda shows the connections. There are three butt connectors connecting the right/left and ground. The ground wire is the black/white striped wire, the left is the brown/white striped wire, and right is the green/white striped.

Sound is pretty much flawless... make sure you hook up the ground tight, because if you don't you'll get buzzing/squealing.

I have my zune mounted to the dash plug using double sided tape :)rofl:), so I'm gonna get some velcro and use that probably.

Edit: Forgot to add that I just fed the wire of the audio jack through the panel with the furry feel so it came out right under the cigarette lighter and that area. You really don't see any wire.

·
Premium Member
'07 3SS AWD
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Surprised nobody has jumped on this. IDK if it is a popular little trick or not but it's a great way to hook up mp3 players. Someone on the cobaltss forum did this I believe, it wasn't my idea.

bump for anyone who wants a simple mp3 hookup

1 - 2 of 2 Posts