Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

Xm antenna

3K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  Jason Arbuckle J22348A 
#1 ·
My free subscription of xm just ran out. and i am thinking of changing from xm to sirius. will taking off the xm antenna on the roof affect anything?

#8 ·
Onstar does use that antenna. The XM receiver is located under the glove compartment. Just remove the green plastic piece off the end of the antenna cable. It will slide off when you pull out the white tab on the side. Then it will plug into any Siruis reciever.

#10 ·
Your Onstar Satellite Link and Cell Phone Antennas are run through the same antenna...but you are in luck because a lot of people are using the factory antenna after the switch with no issues. You can even go aftermarket with the headunit and use aftermarket XM tuners and still use the factory antenna...

G
#11 ·
I dont think its the service that matters, its the manufacturer of the stereo.. I ran into the same problem in my Dodge. I had a Sony XM player and I switched over to an Alpine and had to buy all new shit. Im sure they may be a company though that makes an interface cable to use the stock antenna

#15 ·
I have 2 on mine. but i still have the XM. i love to have the opp to hear what i want :muahaha:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.