Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Black TrailblazerSS
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... Went to store came out and hit the electric start and waited.... Hear fans come on but truck never turns on... Doesn't even try... WTF... I guess I'll have some fun this afternoon

·
Registered
Black TrailblazerSS
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tried it with key for about 2 hours last night and couldn't get it... Ended up towing it home at about 2am and this morning it started right up... Lmao think it may be a starter issue and the tow truck moved it enough.. Maybe a loose starter wire? I will pull it apart when I get off today and see what's going on... Starter pretty hard to get to?

·
Premium Member
2008 TrailblazerSS
1,496 Posts
Maybe the Ignition Switch, seems to be the fix with just about everything related to starting.

·
Registered
White 2006 TBSS AWD
846 Posts
Jon, let us know what the issue ended up being. My truck did this last week. I would try to start it and would only get a single click from the starter. I left it overnight went back and it started and has been fine since. I'm going in to have my connections and battery tested tomorrow. otherwise I may just replace the ignition switch just to rule that out.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
159 Posts
next time that happens just jump the starter by touching the little starter wire and the positive wire with the ignition on.:2cents:

·
Registered
Black TrailblazerSS
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alright guys this morning it started right up but when I tried to start with remote it failed and then again with key. I switched the ign switch and it seems to be working great since... Hasn't failed since then. I will drive all day tomorrow and keep you guys updated! Thanks for the help guys!

·
XPTBSS
TrailblazerSS
4,249 Posts
I had my ignition tumbler lock up on me the other day. Talking about not fun. Luckily put the key in and tapped on it a few times with a screw driver and it started working again. I am not really feeling putting a whole new tumbler in it. I keep a spare ignition switch in the truck :)

·
Registered
White 2006 TBSS AWD
846 Posts
Where did you get your ignition Switch from? And is there a write up anywhere on these forums on how to do it? I know I've seen it but now can't find it.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
718 Posts
25$ switch.. SOB i think i payed like 48 last time... and guess wat... wont start again so im changing another one out tonight...

too answer your problem:

hey bro... check a few things before changing random parts..

check your relays... swap the trans n ign relay and see if it starts.... if it still doesnt then try jumping the starter relay with a paper clip or something and make sure the starter turns over. then you kinda of eliminate a few things

1 - 20 of 20 Posts