Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Test tha rest, not Tha SS
TrailblazerSS
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....so I'm leaving out the parking lot at the gig last night; it was dry & cold here in Chicago btw. I park my ride in a gravel lot along with a few others. As I put it in R, then D I notice that my low traction light came on and stayed on (you know the one, the symbol that resembles a car sliding). It stayed on for a few blocks until I pulled over, cut the engine, let it sit for like 5-10 seconds then started it again. This time--nothing; everything seemed back to normal. My question is, ladies & gentlemen: Has this ever happened to you; should I be worried??? I've read many times on this site that these suvs, as awesome as they are, sometime have lil glitches that mean nothing. I could really use some feedback....Thanks:cheers1:.....

·
Premium Member
06 AWD SS
4,200 Posts
Mother of God turn it off and have it towed!!!!

Kidding. Get in the habit of turning off traction control and stabilitrac by holding down the button on the side of your shifter until the light comes on (about 10 to 15 seconds). It doesn't turn it completely off but it could save your butt if you're sliding on the slippery stuff. Rain, gravel, snow etc will make stabilitrac kick on and the dash light will flash at you.

·
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
Mine every once in a while will just come on when I turn my truck on

·
TrailblazerSS
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
...thanks guys; thats why I F'N love this site; I didn't even know you could disable the traction control ( I don't think I ever will, but its nice to know how). I figured some of you guys (maybe girls) might have experienced this problem before....thanks again:cheers1:.....

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,386 Posts
Yup it happens. Traction control is off by pushing the button in. Push and hold button in will turn off both TC and satbiltrac.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
140 Posts
I never drive with either. First thing I do is disable both by holding the fun button on for 6 seconds! WoooHooo

·
TrailblazerSS
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I never drive with either. First thing I do is disable both by holding the fun button on for 6 seconds! WoooHooo
I've never tried driving without the TC on; I like how the SS hugs the road. So you hold the gear-selector button for 6 seconds, huh.....might try that one day. If you disable it that way, will it stay off?? If I wanted to re-activate it, does it reset itself after you turn the engine off or do I have to do something to cut it back on:dunno:......

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
329 Posts
Just press the button again and its instantly back on.

Press the button for a second, traction control is turned off.

Press and hold for about 6 seconds and traction control, and stabilitrak are turned off.

Press again for a second and both systems are back on again.

·
Registered
2006 Trailblazer LS
834 Posts
Could also be signaling a bad brake control module, or so mine did. If it comes back on check the codes. Nothing major but it's annoying with the light on all the time.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
198 Posts
i had that happen 2 times and in the display message it said "service stabilitrac" but next time i started it up it wassnt on so no worries for me i guess lol

·
The Lurker
TrailblazerSS 06
13,844 Posts
I've never tried driving without the TC on; I like how the SS hugs the road. So you hold the gear-selector button for 6 seconds, huh.....might try that one day. If you disable it that way, will it stay off?? If I wanted to re-activate it, does it reset itself after you turn the engine off or do I have to do something to cut it back on:dunno:......
Not the GEAR-SELECTOR button..........the LITTLE button just below the gear selector grip. It's about the size of a #2 pencil eraser.........It will turn itself back on every time it's started.................

·
TrailblazerSS
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not the GEAR-SELECTOR button..........the LITTLE button just below the gear selector grip. It's about the size of a #2 pencil eraser.........It will turn itself back on every time it's started.................
DUDE, I was about to say:wtf:....so, its a little button NEAR the selector, eh??? Gotta check that out--good lookin out:cheers1:....

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
329 Posts
Just below the big shifter button. Look at the side of the shifter, you'll see it. I didn't know about it for a while till I accidentally hit it as well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts