Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok my set up is this
http://tbssowners.com/files/RadioGroundswithoutRearseatcontrols.gif
and the bose amp is this
http://tbssowners.com/files/tbss_bose_amp.gif

So I got the lines coming from the deck to the amp and cut them and attached them to the lines going out to the speakers. Now nothing works at all i went over the wiring again and again and nothing. I didnt even cut the front speakers in the dashboard and they dont work but the chime fine still.

Im kinda lost right now any pointers anyone can give me.

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes so you have the wires that come into the bose amp and then the wires that come out of the bose amp to the speakers. I have alpine headunit with a alpine 45x4 amp and i just dont want to run new wiring to all the speakers.

So from the deck the wires that come into the amp I thought I could cut and then the wires that come out of the amp that go to the speakers I spliced and hooked it all up and its dead i turned up the system all the way and you could barly hear music.

·
Premium Member
07 Black TBSS
6,248 Posts
Maybe a stupid question, but did you check the HU settings? If it was new or reset, maybe you need to turn up the speaker levels? Sounds like it's wired correctly, and I'm sure that that deck has plenty of power.

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ill check it again tomm. So pretty much if i wire the inputs coming into the amp to the outputs going to the speakers it should bypass the speakers correct? There isnt anyting else im missing here?

·
Premium Member
07 Black TBSS
6,248 Posts
wiring wise sounds good.

Could be that the stock HU amp is turned off too. Here is what I found: "You can try a deck reset. Usually there is a mini button on or behind the face you can press in with a pin to rest the unit...also a bad speaker or touching speaker wire will shut off a decks amp"

So reset the deck and make sure no weird EQ settings

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,910 Posts
yea and also take a drill battery and test your wires. put one on the pos and one on the neg. you should hear a pop in the speakers to make sure you have the rite wires. i had one of my front wires go bad

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
speakers are all working.
the sound you can hear barley if i turn up the speakers all the way so i know the speakers are wired up correctly for now. at this point has to be settting on headunit or somethings wrong.

another thing thats wierd i didnt touch the dash speakers yet they dont work either. I just cut the wiring in the others.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,910 Posts
they wont work. there wired indepently through the amp. need to put an crossover where the bose amp is

·
Premium Member
07 Black TBSS
6,248 Posts
Did you reset the head unit? I MIGHT have had this issue a long time ago on door speakers before installing crossovers - can't remember though, as it was years ago.

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
the rear i have a component set up and im putting a component set up in front also so I cant just bypass the amp and be set to go? i think this is the reason it says low level audio level. I think ill just cut the wires coming from teh alpine amp and go directly to the speaker leads that should give it a clean signal

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
fuck this im going to go work on it now ill keep you guys updated.

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yes thanks guys

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
low level output goes to the amp then gets bumped up to the speakers thru the amp. I ended up hooking the new alpine amp directly to the speakers that come out of the bose amp and works perfect/

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,278 Posts
low level output goes to the amp then gets bumped up to the speakers thru the amp. I ended up hooking the new alpine amp directly to the speakers that come out of the bose amp and works perfect/
Glad I have a 1SS nakid no frills truck! :rofl: What a PITA!

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
my truck is a 1 ss its all the same

1 - 20 of 20 Posts