Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Call da amber lamps
TrailblazerSS
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took the stick on hood scoop the assclown previous owner has on the SS and it ruined the hood.

Anyone in the central texas area got a stocker for sale in black?

·
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
Ruined? Shoot I'd like one of the carbon fiber ones. There like 450 bucks

·
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts

·
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts

·
Call da amber lamps
TrailblazerSS
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was the stick on hood. My buddy and I decided it was time to get the damn thing off. It was drilled four times also to bolt the sucker on. I was going to use slim black plugs for the holes, and claybar the rest out.

Well the damn thing took off a lot of paint where it was stuck on. So it's back on for now, just need a replacement hood.

The only aftermarket hood I'd consider is Scotts Cowl hood. But my budget is around $200, so I may have to get a junkyard hood and get it painted. I'll talk to my body guy tomorrow and see if he can fix this hood.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
71 Posts
Weld up the holes, and cut along the body lines, add in 3" pieces of sheet metal to create your own cowl hood, then have it painted...your body guy should be able to do that for around $200.

·
Call da amber lamps
TrailblazerSS
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Weld up the holes, and cut along the body lines, add in 3" pieces of sheet metal to create your own cowl hood, then have it painted...your body guy should be able to do that for around $200.
He can fix it for $250, may end up going that route.
How far are you from Amarillo?
Long ways. I'm on the outskirts of Ft Hood. ~450 miles give or take. Gas alone would be nuts lol.

·
Just Win Baby!
06 BLK SS RWD
2,635 Posts
OK, I still have my stock one and when I transfer to NJ next month, I'll be taking the 40 most of the way.

·
Call da amber lamps
TrailblazerSS
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK, I still have my stock one and when I transfer to NJ next month, I'll be taking the 40 most of the way.
What kinda shape is it in? How much are you looking to get outta it? I think the best case scenario is meeting in OKC. If you're traveling on a weekend I may get it from you.

·
Just Win Baby!
06 BLK SS RWD
2,635 Posts
I'd have to look at it since it's been sitting in the garage for the last year. Idk about price, whatever you think is reasonable but I couldn't tell you when I'll be in the area. If the move goes as planned, I may be in OKC on Feb 12th (Sat).

·
Call da amber lamps
TrailblazerSS
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'd have to look at it since it's been sitting in the garage for the last year. Idk about price, whatever you think is reasonable but I couldn't tell you when I'll be in the area. If the move goes as planned, I may be in OKC on Feb 12th (Sat).
PM sent

1 - 15 of 15 Posts