Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Trailblazer
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a stock lower valance for the rear bumper off an SS. I bought a rear bumper but it did not come with a lower valance. I am also looking for a used chrome brake duct vent from the front bumper. I need the passenger side only. I'm needing one with bad chrome or chrome peeling off. I'm going to strip off the chrome and paint it. I'm located in Owensboro, ky. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,569 Posts
I know you're looking for a used brake duct but rockauto has them for around $35 I think.

·
Registered
Trailblazer
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your right it's $35 at Rockauto, pretty cheap. It easier peeling chrome off a brake duct where it's already peeling. It sucks peeling that chrome off.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
530 Posts
Your right it's $35 at Rockauto, pretty cheap. It easier peeling chrome off a brake duct where it's already peeling. It sucks peeling that chrome off.
I don't think you can peel the chrome off. I think it's part of the plastic.

·
Registered
Trailblazer
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was able to on the duct on the driver side. I used a razor blade to pull the edge loose and peeled large sections off. Took about 45 minutes to peel all of the chrome off.

·
Registered
Trailblazer
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've got the body parts sanded and prepped for paint. I need the rear valance and brake duct to start painting. I found some parts in St. Louis but that deal fell through. So if you have any of these parts let me know. If I find them I could start painting next week. I'm also needing mounting brackets for the front bumper on the left and right side.
image.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts