Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a pair, left and right factory exhaust manifolds. Prefer the DFW area to save shipping.

·
Founding Member!
2012 Ram 1500
5,053 Posts
You can have mine for the small price of some aftermarket headers... LOL

Don't you have headers? Are you selling them?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice try on the header thing. I am just helping out another.

·
Founding Member!
2012 Ram 1500
5,053 Posts
why do people want the stock manifolds? I know they do not flow too bad but what did they do with their stock ones?

·
Registered
06 TBSS 2WD
346 Posts
Porting them is not going to get that much out of them....not enough to worry about with all that labor....

·
Premium Member
TBSS
1,527 Posts
about 12 hp...

if you look at em when you take them off your truck you can see how restrictive the manifolds are as the exhaust leaves the head and enters the manifold. Our manifolds are amosk like shorty headers... If you port around the gasket at the entrance to the manifold and shave down any hard edges you should pick up quite a bit....

SO, for all of us not wanting to dish out the 1200 for headers, this is still a good option.

·
Registered
06 TBSS 2WD
346 Posts
I don't buy that....I've heard of plenty of people buying the shorty headers (for trucks)and not picking up anything....period. And the shorty headers look a ton better than the stock castings.

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
I need a pair, left and right factory exhaust manifolds. Prefer the DFW area to save shipping.
I just got my headers today, but they won't be going on for a couple weeks.
If you want to buy my stock manifolds I'm not that far from the DFW area.

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS
2,304 Posts
$101 here... mine won't be off for a few weeks though. Still waiting on the LT's to get here.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
100 bucks?
Thanks Pedro. That is most convienent for both of us. SOLD

Saladbar, thanks for your input as well.

This concludes the quest for the ex. manifolds. THanks for the help guys. Rick

·
Registered
07 1SS
963 Posts
I don't buy that....I've heard of plenty of people buying the shorty headers (for trucks)and not picking up anything....period. And the shorty headers look a ton better than the stock castings.
If you have them off take a good look at the burn marks.. There is almost .5 of an inch that is blocking exhaust flow.. Not only that but the casting has HUGE intrusions that disturb flow. Stick your finger in there and feel around. That is the same reason we buy CAI's.. To get a smoother flow of air. I personally like the stock look and have built quite the sleeper when looking under the hood.. For me anything helps.. After seeing the manifolds off and knowing their going back on, there was no way I was going to put them back on without porting them.

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS 3SS
17,596 Posts
He is not arguing the quality of the stock exhaust manifold.

I think what he is saying there is no way you can pick up 12 HP when shorties won't do that and shorties should be better than stock even ported.

I agree with his logic and have not seen gains from most headers on mild tuned trucks. But I cant argue the stock deal with 1/2 inch. That sounds bad.

·
Registered
2007 TBSS awd
373 Posts
Is DFW Dallas-Fort Worth Texas. I have a set off mine but I'm in Wisconsin.

·
The one and only JJ
14,071 Posts
i sure hope Pedro didn't dive into his M T Pockets bank acct to buy this stuff!!! I would be pissed, hehe.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts