Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 Trailblazer SS
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says, I'm looking for a front driveshaft (not sure if there are any differences between years but it's for a 2008). Let me know what you have. I'm looking to find one with a slightly different placement of the balancing weight than what mine has. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2008 Trailblazer SS
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, can you check approximate shipping to 06457? Also, can you measure how far the balancing weight is from the end (end closest to tcase). Much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
8,343 Posts
Yeah, ill get a measurement for ya. Might be friday until i get shipping quote

·
Premium Member
2008 Trailblazer SS
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No problem. It's not a huge rush. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2008 Trailblazer SS
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The position of the balancing weight is the more important part honestly. Shipping is shipping.

·
Premium Member
2008 Trailblazer SS
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No problem. Anybody else?

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
5,661 Posts
I have one... I will check the weight (not 100% sure way it matters along as it's balanced).

·
Premium Member
2008 Trailblazer SS
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have one... I will check the weight (not 100% sure way it matters along as it's balanced).

Thanks. Let me know. I'm having a clearance issue based on the position of the current weight. A slightly different position would fix it.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
5,661 Posts
On the diff side center of yoke to start of weight 4.5" back side of weight 5" weight is about 1/16" thick.

·
Premium Member
2008 Trailblazer SS
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Bryan. This is the weight that I'm referring to. I'm hoping to find one moved slightly forward or back.

·
Premium Member
2008 Trailblazer SS
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you have no weight on the transfer case end that would be perfect. Thanks again. Not sure if it matters but what year is it off of? Are you officially rwd now?

·
Premium Member
2008 Trailblazer SS
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If the other parts don't work out, I've got one too. I'll look for the weight location tonight.
Thanks. I have nothing locked in at the moment.

·
Premium Member
2008 Trailblazer SS
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Can somebody verify if all years have the same front driveshaft? And if non SS models are also compatible...maybe somebody with dealer access. Tim? I still need one if anybody has one collecting dust and rust.

·
Registered
1949 TrailblazerSS
31 Posts
I have one from an 06, the weight on the transfer case side is about 9 1/4" to 9 3/4"

·
Premium Member
2008 Trailblazer SS
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have one from an 06, the weight on the transfer case side is about 9 1/4" to 9 3/4"

I'm having some other work done, but might still need this. Just so I know, which point did you measure from? I need to re-measure mine. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts