Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
XPTBSS
TrailblazerSS
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it pains me to say this but XPTBSS was involved in a serious fire. The details of the fire are unknown but it seems to have started on the passenger side front seat. It went unnoticed until it was too late and the interior is trashed :-(. Insurance is sending their total loss rep to assess the damage. From what i can tell is it is all cosmetic damage and little to no mech damage. One way or another i am building it back....with insurance help or on my dime. If you or anyone has interior pieces please post them up. I need just about everything. I think only one door panel, steering wheel, dash and shifter are about all thats salvagable. Insurance comes tomorrow then i will know more of which direction im going. Teardown will begin immediately. Thanks for your time....

·
XPTBSS
TrailblazerSS
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah needless to say yesyerday i was sick to my stomach. This has been my favorite vehicle owned. Even with all the tranny issues i went through i love this thing. Its going nowhere...i want to hand it down to my son in the future cause he smiles everytime hes in it. Its a part of my family....i bought it specifically for my son. He came home from the hospital when he was born in it. Alot of memories....

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
584 Posts
Im sorry to hear that. Good luck with the rebuild. Hopefully the insurance company doesnt claim it as totaled. Do you have any pictures of the damage?

·
XPTBSS
TrailblazerSS
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I do have pics but im posting from my phone. Wife and i just closed on our new home friday so internet hasnt been hooked up yet but will be thursday.

I hope they dont total it but either way its mine and staying mine. As soon as i can ill post pics of the carnage...

·
XPTBSS
TrailblazerSS
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Joe. Anything is greatly appreciated. My insurance comes today and I'm actually worried. Worst case its totaled I i keep it. I'll never sell it so it really shouldn't matter. I just want it fixed.

·
XPTBSS
TrailblazerSS
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Right now around 6k. Im going to work them though. I told them if a deal cant be struck im stripping the 80e and aftermarket parts off of it.

·
Registered
826 Posts
That isn't bad but all price are negotionable. If you plan on keeping it in the fam I don't see the big deal with a salvaged vehicle. Otherwise, strip it.. and sell me your 80 :D

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.