Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for an aftermarket TB SS hood,

Checked with Keystone, they say their hood is for a 6 cyl only. That's kind of crazy. Ran google on it seems many who make them are out of business.

Perhaps someone here is getting ready to sell their tb and wants to sell off the goodies!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Keystone is the same hood for the I6 or our trucks. A few of us have them and the fit fine.
I got an email from Jason Garza at Keystone, he said:
"The hood has been test fitted for only the v6 model. We don’t know if it will properly fit a v8. As of right now we are just making the hood for a v6 only."

I called him on the phone and was told there may be a clearance issue because the V8 sits higher in the truck, also a possible fresh air intake issue as well.

I was ready to order it from Summit today but I did not because of this email and phone conversation

Perhaps someone here who actually has this hood could advise about fit and finish! I don't want to buy something that fits like crap.

Thanks!

·
Registered
'07 Trailblazer SS
131 Posts

·
Premium Member
'06 AWD
5,094 Posts
I got an email from Jason Garza at Keystone, he said:
"The hood has been test fitted for only the v6 model. We don’t know if it will properly fit a v8. As of right now we are just making the hood for a v6 only."

I called him on the phone and was told there may be a clearance issue because the V8 sits higher in the truck, also a possible fresh air intake issue as well.

I was ready to order it from Summit today but I did not because of this email and phone conversation

Perhaps someone here who actually has this hood could advise about fit and finish! I don't want to buy something that fits like crap.

Thanks!
V6?! Hmmm when did this happen...lol its the same..Google this "hood comparison tbssowners.com" and look. You will see it fits..but I say Scotts

http://buildup.tbssowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28635

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS AWD
4,063 Posts
I've got the Keystone, 2002 Camaro Style, Functional Ram Air Hood for my 2008 TBSS and it fits perfectly.

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS (LT Based)
5,978 Posts
V6?! Hmmm when did this happen...lol its the same..
I was going to ask the same question! Maybe someone should let this guy in on the secret, that there is no V6 Trailblazer!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was going to ask the same question! Maybe someone should let this guy in on the secret, that there is no V6 Trailblazer!

Actually you are wrong, the Trailblazer was originally introduced in 1999 and featured a 4.3L V-6, granted this was the earlier S-10 variant but it was a "Trailblazer"

Perhaps we should give the guy at Keystone a break, after all there are not to many suppliers for our obsolete (no longer made) vehicles.

IMHO

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,440 Posts
Actually you are wrong, the Trailblazer was originally introduced in 1999 and featured a 4.3L V-6, granted this was the earlier S-10 variant but it was a "Trailblazer"

Perhaps we should give the guy at Keystone a break, after all there are not to many suppliers for our obsolete (no longer made) vehicles.

IMHO
True, it was a rebadging of the S-10 4DR. I saw one at Vandergriff Chevrolet Arlington in the showroom and was scratching my head. :dunno:
Then the GMT360 platform rolled out.

·
Old but not Dead Yet!
TrailblazerSS
9,572 Posts
Yep I had a 2000 Trailblazer with the 4.3. It was just like previous S-10 Blazers but the badging was different and had nicer interinor with 2 tone leather.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looked over the 4 different hoods available and really like the MPD cowl hood. Reminds me of my old 70 Chevelle SS (gone but not forgotten).

The only turn-offs is the strut kit that must be order to prevent issues with the hood hitting the wipers.

Looking for anyone who has this hood. How is the fit and finish, did it require much work to get it to fit correctly, does it line up with the height of the fenders? And if you had do it all again would you buy the same hood?

Thanks !!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts