TrailblazerSS
2,157 Posts
I think alot of people want 2.

·
07GroceryGetter
TrailblazerSS
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just to add, I asked about chrome. Not sure if that applies to polished.

email of FB message tony he usually replies quick

Thank you. I just texted him and hoping to hear good news. Haha!!

I dont FB. :(

·
Premium Member
2008 Trailblazer SS
2,764 Posts
Gloss Black, FTW! (Tony said these were a few months out too though)

·
07GroceryGetter
TrailblazerSS
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I continue crossing my fingers and hopefully ill come across 2 polished. BTW- its beer thirty!!

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
1,036 Posts
I know this is old but....

Any hopes of 20x10 polished replicas coming around again?
Haven't really seen a definite answer and the sticky is still up so I have a little hope still..

·
Registered
'06 Black AWD TBSS
953 Posts
I wouldn't hold your breath...

FR stopped production of the 20" x 10" polished due to all the failures they had in the clear coat of the first sets offered and sold, clear coat was spider webbing and chipping off. So they stopped while they "got the clear coat issues worked out". Clearly recognizing that there was in fact a manufacturing issue with the finish.

In the mean time they have made commitments to many people (I know I'm not the only one) that they would replace all the 20" x 10" polished rims with clear coat that have failed ONCE THEY HAVE THEM BACK IN STOCK. However, there aren't any in stock and there's no positive sign there ever will be, so all of us who have shitty looking 20" x 10" polished rims with a failed finish that should be covered under warranty are left holding our dicks in our hand.

But... They can convienantly offer 20" x 10" 's in gloss black and 22" 's in polished finish, but it's apparently far too difficult to replenish their inventory of 20" x 10" polished rims. It just doesn't add up.

I'm only slightly frustrated with the situation, "40 more days", "90 more days", well that's been the answer for over a year now. I'm not trying to kill the messenger as I realize people are only working with the information they're being provided, but why is the messenger pushing a manafucturer's product who won't stand behind their warranty commitments?

Reactions: KA47 and SSooner

·
07GroceryGetter
TrailblazerSS
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Gloss black 20 x 10's are available? If so, can they be stripped and polished? Desperate times, calls for desperate measures in my book. Just tired of waiting and don't won't to widen unless it's the only option(which seems to be right now)

·
SSlow & high!
TrailblazerSS
2,256 Posts
You could probably have your factory wheels widened to 10" or even 11" :2cents:

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
8,343 Posts
Id hate to buy a set of gloss black and strip them and polish them to find out they are not a good quality wheel to polish

·
07GroceryGetter
TrailblazerSS
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
:nohope: lol!! I will continue to wait while still doing more work to the truck and see what happens. I'll make a decision in time for Nats hopefully.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts