Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you guys ever seen the setup that the Cobra guys use? On top of their radiator they have a small box that they fill with ice and ice water. This runs inline with the rest of their setup so they can cool their blower faster.

Is there a kit out there that would work for us? Or, do I need to start making one?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Why not alky/meth injection?
I do not much about modding SS's but I think it should enable you to bump up the timing for better throttle response and low end.Meth injection worked wonders on my old GT mustang that was forced induction. I should of been running a air to water intercooler but I could not bring myself to cut the firewall for 3" tubing and delete my heater box for the intercooler. It enabled me to run high boost and really high timing.

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS
4,834 Posts
Hey BIg sipper, Where are you at in Concord? I work at Custom performance and occassionally harris racing in concord.

I've never liked spraying fluids into a compressor. Its typically a very bad thing for droplets to hit a compressor or turbine. I suppose theres nothing wrong with it if the mix is completely vapor by the time it hits the compressor but thats kinda defeating the purpose as you want that flash to pull some of the heat out of the compressed charge.

I would say someone needs to get on the ball and make something that shares the windshield resevoir or something else to increase capacity and to allow for ice to be dumped in.

My old LT1 with a t-trim and aftercooler would fall off like nobodys business when the 1 gallon tank I made for it heated up. in fact I could filll that sucker full of ice, run it twice, and the water would be so hot you couldn't keep your hand in it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hey BIg sipper, Where are you at in Concord? I work at Custom performance and occassionally harris racing in concord.

I've never liked spraying fluids into a compressor. Its typically a very bad thing for droplets to hit a compressor or turbine. I suppose theres nothing wrong with it if the mix is completely vapor by the time it hits the compressor but thats kinda defeating the purpose as you want that flash to pull some of the heat out of the compressed charge.

I would say someone needs to get on the ball and make something that shares the windshield resevoir or something else to increase capacity and to allow for ice to be dumped in.

My old LT1 with a t-trim and aftercooler would fall off like nobodys business when the 1 gallon tank I made for it heated up. in fact I could filll that sucker full of ice, run it twice, and the water would be so hot you couldn't keep your hand in it.
Whats up Alvin. You would know me if you seen me. I have been at Kelby's shop a few times when you were there using Dans dyno in my old Mustang. It was the Mustang painted blk on top,l aser red on bottom with welds.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts