Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS 3SS
17,596 Posts
Yea I really dont know. I know the fly by wire setup is a fairly complex setup for safety reasons. Its a constant check and balance to make sure what the servo on the TB is doing is what the pedal is sending.

I am not 100% sure but I think its smart enough to know if you have too much air flow compared to pedal sensor it will go into a failsafe mode.

Is this for spraying or something??

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD 3SS
8,588 Posts
Going off of what I understand, it's just a motor geared to the throttle blade shaft with a spring return and the drive current for it is in the wires going into the throttle body.

The PCM uses TPS feedback to control the current to keep the throttle where the PCM wants it to be.

You can find it with a high impedance multimeter and check the voltages to the throttle body connector wires, you will see two that change voltage, one is the TPS potentiometer and the other the drive wire. You can find the difference by turning on the key, measure for changing voltage while pressing the throttle pedal and then isolate it to the motor drive wire by manually opening the throttle blade, the TPS wire will change voltage both by manual movement and by accellerator pedal movement. The drive wire will only change voltage with the accellerator pedal and not by manually opening the throttle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts