Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 06 TBSS that randomly won't start. Turn the key and everything comes on like normal, but when you turn the key to start nothing happens. It sounded to me like an ignition switch, so I changed that but it didn't change anything. I can still take the truck out of park which also leads me away from the ignition switch. I'm gonna try a park neutral position switch next. Past that I don't know what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
808 Posts
Try jump starting. If that doesn't work, may be the starter is bad. I had to have the starter replaced in my '06 under warranty. I hear it's not an easy job to replace the starters in these trucks.

Good luck.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
584 Posts
your battery is dead just happen to me yesterday. everything comes on in side the car the starter just wont click

·
Registered
66 Posts
It was the starter for me the last time I had problems. I switched out my ignition switch hoping to fix it (3rd time), but this time the starter failed. The dealer will charge almost a thousand to replace it, but you can get a replacement for under $200 and switch it out. It is not easy though. Getting the starter free of the vehicle after taking everything loose can be a frustrating puzzle.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS 08 3ss
70 Posts
Was it alittle weak to start before mine was and it did it two times wouldnt start put a battery it and it starts right up faster now than it did before

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.