·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, need a GM tech here... I once was but am not anymore

Truck wont start....no click no nuthn..

I swapped and tested relays. ALL ARE OKAY

I jumped the relay and the starter cranks fine.

So,, im going to switch the ignition switch tonight.. BUT.... when i jumped the relay they truck turned over fine but why did it not fire up?

starter and ign switch are less than 6 months old....

·
Registered
2006 White AWD
912 Posts
Ignition switches on our trucks go bad all the time, mine luckily only once so far. It is cheap enough that I would buy one and switch it out and if it isn't that just keep it on hand just in case for the future.

GL

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS 1SS AWD
17,281 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
yes

I jumped the relay to test the starter... like took out the relay and took one piece of wire from where one prong would go to one of the others, which will start the truck.. well should , which it cranked over which should have bypassed the ignition switch and start the truck. it did crank over but no fire?

Thats why im confused if it really is the switch. Normally it should still start when bypassing it, i would think. which made me think it may not be the switch...

but i will change it anyway.. just a few bucks....

·
Registered
TrailBlazerSS
665 Posts
which relay do I jump to test starter? I replaced my ignition switch again n still nothing when I turn the key.... Im about ready to sell this truck after I kick gm in the nutbag

1 - 7 of 7 Posts