Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased a 06 AWD TBSS with what has been said to be rebuilt tranmission and some light mods (CAI, Coilovers, Etc) and when turning it will not accelerate in 2nd gear, it wants to downshift to first before accelerating. Its not slipping, it just wants more throttle so it can downshift. Could it be tune related? I need to get a new intake filter soon, and ive noticed once the engine is warm and has been driven enough it has low oil pressure (halfway between 0 and 40 on gauge). I also noticed it has a engine lean code that im going to try and clear and see if it goes away. If anybody knows what it could be doing in 2nd gear that'd be appreciated.

·
Registered
2008 TrailblazerSS
986 Posts
Try cleaning the the throttle body and MAF sensor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
06&07TrailblazerSS's
280 Posts
You might have bad oil pressure sensor. Mine went bad around 110,000 miles. I agree clean throttle body and MAF. Also replace air cleaner.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
94 Posts
I had an engine lean code at about the same mileage. I had to replace the MAF sensor which fixed the problem.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is stablitrack engaging when your turning?
Good question, the stablilitrak system showed a service message on the dash screen, it only did this on slow sharp turns. I removed the fuse that controls ABS and stabilitrak and have ignored it since.

·
Registered
06&07TrailblazerSS's
280 Posts
Too solve the stabilitrak issue. You might need to replace the sensor or sensors on the wheel hub or steering wheel.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Too solve the stabilitrak issue. You might need to replace the sensor or sensors on the wheel hub or steering wheel.
I am most likely going to leave the fuse pulled and keep the system deactivated because of how many problems it has, how much do those sensors usually run for used? There’s never a SS in my junkyard

·
Registered
06&07TrailblazerSS's
280 Posts
Well if you aren't in a snowy climate pulling the fuse is probably fine. I would wonder if it would effect you ABS though. A new sensor is probably around $100 each. Some time the connection to the sensor corrodes. Maybe try to clean them up a bit. Good luck.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update on the car: I have scanned the code and it is P0171. I purchased TB and MAF cleaner and will be buying a new intake filter soon, i also checked tranny fluid and noticed it was a light pink. This is odd because its not foamy insinuating it didn't mix with the engine coolant. It downshifts and shifts fine, so im at a complete loss to why its pink. It is also on the cold mark on the dipstick when the engine is hot and the car was tested following the instructions I found on trailvoy.com.

·
Premium Member
Sold
5,749 Posts
Transmission fluid is red, maybe it's just old.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It was bought from someone who bought the car from a transmission shop that recently redid the transmission. I Cant remember if he said it was built and modified or just rebuilt.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A quick update : Installed brand new K&N Intake Filter and cleaned MAF, problem is still there. I am at a loss on what it could be.

·
Registered
2006 tbss awd
6 Posts
You should try to find a scan tool that will read abs data. It’s likely one of the wheel speed sensors has failed. Next likely is steering wheel position sensor.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You should try to find a scan tool that will read abs data. It’s likely one of the wheel speed sensors has failed. Next likely is steering wheel position sensor.
Car is going to a mechanic tomorrow, i'm starting to believe its a bad injector.

·
Hater
Duh
9,207 Posts
If you had a bad injector you’d likely have misfires on that cylinder. Any misfires? Check for vacuum leak. Manifold leak. Etc.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If you had a bad injector you’d likely have misfires on that cylinder. Any misfires? Check for vacuum leak. Manifold leak. Etc.

No CEL anymore and no noticeable misfires. Since my last comment its gotten a brand new MAF sensor and soon to get a new MAP sensor. Shows no transmission codes and the one code i was getting for the engine hasn't lit up CEL in around a week and a half. Fixed a small vacuum leak on the dirty air pcv hose as well. Unfortunately its yet to fix itself.

·
Registered
2006 tbss awd
6 Posts
You still need to check into the stabilitrak. I believe your truck thinks it is going into a spin and closing the throttle. Steering position sensor reading wrong or yaw sensor problem. The yaw sensor is under the right front seat, check to make sure it is bolted down tight. The wrong steering gear can cause your problem as well, check and see if it has been replaced recently.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You still need to check into the stabilitrak. I believe your truck thinks it is going into a spin and closing the throttle. Steering position sensor reading wrong or yaw sensor problem. The yaw sensor is under the right front seat, check to make sure it is bolted down tight. The wrong steering gear can cause your problem as well, check and see if it has been replaced recently.
I had it scanned at AAMCO and got a C0455 - steering wheel position sensor fault. Got the part and will be doing the job tomorrow. When I’m doing the job I’ll check the yaw sensor as well.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts