Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
06 TrailblazerSS 2wd
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I'll probably be in here a lot over the next few weeks. I am very aware I suck at wiring it just eludes me somehow, so please bare with me. Is there a wiring diagram I can print anywhere? I had a complete diagram when I totally rewired me old 86 truck. It was a brake down from fuse box to every Circuit?

Ok here is my problem to night. My fuel cell is where the factory spare was. It has the factory fuel level sending unit in it and that only has two wires. The plug that was on top of the fuel bucket is still there but it only has the two wires from the fuel level sender In it. Before I started I plugged in the sender to the factory plug and moved it from E to F and it worked just like it should. So I cut the plug off and extended the black and purple wires. I thought those were the sender wires but now not sure. I connected the purple and black wire back up to the factory harness and filled the fuel cell with water and it don't work at all. I used the other wires and still nothing I finally just conected all the color wires and all the blacks and it worked so then I used the other wires and nothing again I can't even replicate what I did to get it to work the one time. So here I am please tell me how to wire this guys

·
Midgets with hammers
'06 TBSS AWD
15,999 Posts
Just sent a text to BranndonW as I'm sure he'll get you fixed up Matt.

·
Premium Member
'08 TrailblazerSS
2,987 Posts
Give me a call, we'll get it sorted out.

·
making friends daily
07 TrailblazerSS AWD
9,331 Posts
Make sure you remove 130% of that water from that cell otherwise you'll have some bad problems.

·
06 TrailblazerSS 2wd
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you so much Brandon for spending the time on the phone helping me with this. I'm sure I'll be calling you again soon lol.

·
Premium Member
'08 TrailblazerSS
2,987 Posts
No problem man. Anytime.

·
making friends daily
07 TrailblazerSS AWD
9,331 Posts
I think between the two of us, Brandon is going to have to take a week off of work lol

·
Premium Member
'08 TrailblazerSS
2,987 Posts
I actually just requested the week of the 6th off yesterday lol

·
making friends daily
07 TrailblazerSS AWD
9,331 Posts
Perfect!

·
TT AWD TBSS Jeep
TT AWD SS Pwrd Jeep
5,825 Posts
Can I make the suggestion to flush with alchohol instead. Mixes better.

·
06 TrailblazerSS 2wd
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Can I make the suggestion to flush with alchohol instead. Mixes better.
There really is no need to flush it. The way my cell is I can drain 99.999999999999% of all the water out of it. In fact there is so little left in it I let it sit over night and it will be totally dry the next day.

·
making friends daily
07 TrailblazerSS AWD
9,331 Posts
I would not take any chances whatsoever of having even the slightest bit of water in it at all. I know your engine isn't cheap..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts