Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 Trailblazer SS
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay, so I want to wire my spal fans for ignition source with both on switches.

Currently I am wired to be dependent on the coolant temp but that is not cutting it for me for it to come on at 192 and then 207....I want to control them.

I have found the ignition source wire in the fuse panel to use, fuse #22 same one my circulation pump for my tvs coolant.

On my current pcmforless spal fans wiring harness I have the following connections.

1. Main positive wire from battery
2. Main positive wire to fan motor
3. Pigtail going to pcm to control fan via coolant temp
4. Small red wire which is looped from main positive wire from battery back into relay.

This is what I think I should do.....correct me if I am wrong.

1. Disconnect pigtail from PCM to relay and ground wires
2. Splice into small red wire loop on relay and run to ignition fuse #22
3. Install switches into truck for fan #1 and fan #2
4. Have full control of fans now when truck is running.

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS AWD
4,063 Posts
Sound right. Why have the two switches though. Just have them both always turn on and the the thermostat regulate the temps like it supposed to. Even with both fans running in the dead of winter I still have great heat inside the truck. My theory has always been the cooler my SS runs, the better.

·
Premium Member
2007 Trailblazer SS
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
switches were just a thought.....as I dont think I will need both fans running in the winter.....

on a side note, you ready for the storm....we are in Rahway and keeping an eye on the Rahway River.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.