Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2008 TBSS AWD
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Noob here when it comes to boosted engines. I am used to diesels in winter as I grew up on a farm, and everything has a turbo diesel engine. I know a gasser is nothing like a diesel as to over-built parts in a factory setup.

I am from North Dakota, don't plug my engine in and the vehicle sits outside both while at college and at home. I try to avoid it, but it has been started as cold as -20 degrees F.

I am debating building an engine/transmission for my tbss, I drive it every where. Or holding off and spending it in my olds 442 (major rust repair right now).

What would be a reasonable amount of boost/hp goal. Would I be able to turn it down in winter so I don't run as much boost. Different pulley with a supercharger or adjust the wastegate with a turbo setup?

·
ADHD
07 TrailblazerSS AWD
3,923 Posts
In the same boat sort of....in PA - our winters suck at times....I am building mine up right now and it is my dd... However w/ the mods I am putting on, I will most likely be driving one of my shop vehicles during the really crappy winter weather just b/c I don't want to get salt all over my new shit lol!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.