Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of lately when i roll my window down it will sort of shake and shutter going down. Not only will it do that but it will be slow as hell. All other windows work fine. As of yesterday the window would not go back up...... Any solutions?? I am going to the junkyard tomorrow for some things. There are three TB there.

What do you guys think it might be? What can I do in the mean while??:dunno:

Thanks

06 TBSS

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
Have you done any investigating? Loose window track could cause the shaking and then once it got so bad, the glad could BR jammed, not allowing the motor to work properly...

1. When you press the button to roll the window up, does anything happen, do you hear any sounds coming from inside the door?

2. Do you hear anything rattling around inside the door when you shut it?

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you done any investigating? Loose window track could cause the shaking and then once it got so bad, the glad could BR jammed, not allowing the motor to work properly...

1. When you press the button to roll the window up, does anything happen, do you hear any sounds coming from inside the door?

2. Do you hear anything rattling around inside the door when you shut it?
I hear nothing when trying to roll up the window. It will go down though just not all the way up. It gets stuck about half way. Sucks!

I have not heard anything rolling or moving around inside the door.

I think tonight I will take the door panel off and investigate. I just wanted to see if anyone had similar problems and what i should look for.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TIGHTEN THAT WINDOW TRACK before it breaks the cables!!!!
Will do it tonight. If it is the regulator or motor.... is it a PITA to change out?

My speakers in all doors are blown except for the door I am having prolems with. I might just go buy some tonight while I am at this.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Copy....... Thanks Man:cheers1:

·
Registered
07TrailblazerSS
79 Posts
I'd say take the inside of the door panel off, then reconnect the switch panel so you can still power the window. Then visually inspect what actually is shaking. That would help with troubleshooting efforts rather than blind guesses.

I busted my driver window regulator cable last winter without warning. Ordered a new one and put it in which was very easy. The hardest part was taking off the door panel. And I had never done a regulator before...

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had taken the TB in for two new belts and told them to take a look at the window. They said it was all on track and motor and regulator seemed fine.
They cleaned the window a bit and said that if it had tint on it before that some of the old residue might be sticking and rubbing angainst the felt.
It runs smoother now but in the cold still runs slower than a slug. When it warms up it goes a little quicker.

Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts