Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered an aeroforce and hptuners pro. Would it be possible to get a wideband kit that could be hooked up and used for both? Would love to be able to datalog and tune with afr on hptuners and also monitor it daily driving with the aeroforce.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can anyone reccomend a kit? So it would take me unplugging it from the aeroforce and plugging it into hptuners? could be more involved, just have to put a connector in an easy spot to grab and swap.

·
Premium Member
2008 Imperial Blue
4,473 Posts
Yes you can but you'll need to switch back and forth. You won't be able to monitor them both at the same time. I had a plx hooked to my aeroforce.
Really? Can't you use Analog One output for one, and Analog Two output for the other, with the Innovate widebands?

·
Premium Member
2008 Imperial Blue
4,473 Posts
So I can buy the innovative wideband which has two outputs and use one for HpTuners the other for Aeroforce? Sounds great!!!
I should be able to confirm this in a day or two.

·
Premium Member
2008 Imperial Blue
4,473 Posts
OK, let's all clap for a brain fart:

I am getting a signal off Analog 1 to HPTuners, and Analog 2 into my Aeroforce Interceptor, but both can't be run simultaneously simply for the fact that both are plugged into the CAN/OBD II port. :doh:

Otherwise, both analogs work fine.

·
Premium Member
2006 white 2wd
3,246 Posts
OK, let's all clap for a brain fart:

I am getting a signal off Analog 1 to HPTuners, and Analog 2 into my Aeroforce Interceptor, but both can't be run simultaneously simply for the fact that both are plugged into the CAN/OBD II port. :doh:

Otherwise, both analogs work fine.
Couldn't the OBD wires be hardwired for the Aeroforce and the HPTuners plugged in or vice versa or both hardwired to the OBD wires? Then, everything would work at the same time?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was more concerned about disconnecting the wideband from the Aeroforce to connect it into hpt since it's in the dash. This sounds easy enough since the output two cord can be stored close to the ob2 when tuning with hpt. I'm new to this so just to be sure the hpt/Aeroforce will plug into ob2 and also the wideband? Thanks again for the help.

·
Premium Member
2008 Imperial Blue
4,473 Posts
Couldn't the OBD wires be hardwired for the Aeroforce and the HPTuners plugged in or vice versa or both hardwired to the OBD wires? Then, everything would work at the same time?
Are you talking about splitting the OBD into two parallel connectors? Not sure if that's what you are saying???

Both devices use the OBD-II port, and I don't know if you can split it, since you may run into trouble with the extra load through the wiring, as it might cause some sort of fault.

Perhaps there are splitters commercially available, but I kind of doubt it.

·
Premium Member
2006 white 2wd
3,246 Posts
Are you talking about splitting the OBD into two parallel connectors? Not sure if that's what you are saying???

Both devices use the OBD-II port, and I don't know if you can split it, since you may run into trouble with the extra load through the wiring, as it might cause some sort of fault.

Perhaps there are splitters commercially available, but I kind of doubt it.
Yes, I'm talking about splicing into the wires. I do understand the extra load or added resistance on the wires but I'm not sure if it will be too much. Only one way to find out... :biggrin2:

·
Premium Member
2008 Imperial Blue
4,473 Posts
Just my opinion, but seeing how so much is tied into that OBD-II port, I'm not messing with that one.

·
Premium Member
2008 Imperial Blue
4,473 Posts
Good find, LC.

So, it is possible. Next question, is it needed?
Will you need to have both the gauge and HPTuners connected at the same time? I guess if you want it, then here is an option.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Good find, LC.

So, it is possible. Next question, is it needed?
Will you need to have both the gauge and HPTuners connected at the same time? I guess if you want it, then here is an option.
After getting information from this thread what I should have asked was... Is there a way to plug in the wideband to hpt without unplugging it from the aeroforce since its in the dash. Seems like I can leave one wideband cable tucked under the dash for when hpt is hooked up. I would unplug the ob2 from aeroforce and plug in hpt, then would take the second output from the wideband and go into hpt. Is this correct?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.