Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone used this before? The box itself looks like it fits in with the interior better than most shape wise, but their website sucks in terms of info. Based on the subs they'll sell you it's got at least 7" of depth, but no idea on airspace. Or how it installs.

Anyone have one and can comment on it at all?

·
Registered
Saab 9-7X
674 Posts
Looks like a clone of the JL Audio Stealthbox. One benefit is the ability to use a 12" sub- assuming that the box has a larger volume to allow the larger sub to work well OR you use a 12 designed for a small box. Loaded JL Stealthboxes are ~$750. I've had one for years. It's more than enough for normal listening, but if you're a basshead, a single 10 or 12 will never be enough regardless of how nice that sub is.

Tim

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did hear back from the sellers, they said it's got a volume around 1 cuft, which is pretty decent.

·
Registered
Saab 9-7X
674 Posts
1 cubic foot is nice for a 12. I just put a pair of 12" Sundown SD4 subwoofers in my CTS-V and they got 1 cubic foot each. Assuming that box has enough depth, you should be able to fit a pretty wide range of 12's. I went with the SD4 specifically because I was limited to ~7" of depth including pole venting.

·
Registered
2008 TrailblazerSS
1,087 Posts
1 cubic foot is nice for a 12. I just put a pair of 12" Sundown SD4 subwoofers in my CTS-V and they got 1 cubic foot each. Assuming that box has enough depth, you should be able to fit a pretty wide range of 12's. I went with the SD4 specifically because I was limited to ~7" of depth including pole venting.
I have 2 sundown sd4 12’s in a small sealed box under the rear seat of my Chevy Silverado. Sound great. The box is probably less than 1 cu ft air space. Good choice of speakers for small enclosures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: timg

·
Registered
'07 3SS 2WD
247 Posts
Looks like you have to remove the compressor connection, no?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts