Premium Member
2006 TBSS (LT Based)
5,972 Posts
That would be a HUGE hit!!

·
Just Win Baby!
06 BLK SS RWD
2,635 Posts
Yeah, I've posted that here a few times. Ever since I went to Australia I've been wanting one. I like the way that one looks but the Pontiac-faced Holden SS-V looks sweet also! /jerk

·
Premium Member
'08 SRX V-6 AWD
2,767 Posts
They probably think the illegals who are streaming across the borders would prefer burros.
:argue2:
(Every timeI ever got situated to buy a truck similar to that, they quit building them)

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS AWD
4,062 Posts
I Remember Seeing It At The AutoShow In NYC A Few Years Ago. Pontiac Was Having A Contest To Name It. It Was Badged As A G8.

·
High and Tight!!!
TrailblazerSS
2,959 Posts
Maybe one day...

·
Banned
TBSS
11,699 Posts
I'd be nice, but never going to happen. Other countries get the cool shit, I thought I read some where that they still or did make a Chevelle in another country.

·
Registered
n/a
886 Posts
They were on the verge of introducing it here as a g8 truck; The project got scrapped at the last minute.

·
MOST HATED
Trailblazer SS
3,915 Posts
If anyone wants one, I can hook you up. Buy a G8 and a bulk pack of sawzall blades.

·
Banned
Everything I work on
2,917 Posts
gm will never bring us the holden line...
Where do you think the GTO came from?

It's not GM that's the problem, it's Holden. Holden owns rights and wants to export, GM wants to change it up a little and sell it US without importing. Holden says "fuck you". This is why the GTO went down and the G8 replaced it.

I've got some "friends" down under, hell I'm building a few engines for some guys in Aussie land.

·
Willy M'Fn Wonka
07 Trailblazer SS
7,244 Posts
Friends down under or friends on the down low?

·
Premium Member
'07 TBSS 1SS
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

It's not GM that's the problem, it's Holden. Holden owns rights and wants to export, GM wants to change it up a little and sell it US without importing. Holden says "fuck you". This is why the GTO went down and the G8 replaced it.

I've got some "friends" down under, hell I'm building a few engines for some guys in Aussie land.
Well that would explain it. Now that the Caprice is coming maybe they can slip a few UTES on the boat!

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
173 Posts

Agreed, though technically weve had 2 Holdens in the US so far. We got the Monaro in the form of the GTO and the Comodore in the form of the G8. The Ute (G8ST) got killed just before Pontiac did. Not to mention that all the top end models are GM LS powered.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts