Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
black 2006 tbss
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has happened to me 2 times now.
I left my cargo door open for about 3 to 4 minutes Max, and my battery dies..

And the other time it happened I was opening and closing my doors while I was loading stuff in it and it died that time too..

·
Premium Member
Bet you cant tell
6,481 Posts
idk - mine was dying here n there and they said the delco was ok - i swapped it out anyways on my own and if i let her sit for a few days shes stone dead....jump it and drive around and shes good as new.

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS 3SS
17,602 Posts
My truck never would set more than 4-5 days without being dead. It became an issue when I quit driving it for a DD.

Turns out it was my DashHawk not always shutting down and I think it was hanging something on the CAN bus. Unplugged it and it can sit a month now.

·
Premium Member
Bet you cant tell
6,481 Posts
def cant sit longer than a week for me and this was even before i added electronics to the truck

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS 3SS
17,602 Posts
I think most draw problems on the TBSS (long term ones) are because of something hanging on the CAN bus like lift gate module or other device and not going to sleep light it is supposed it. To make it worse its hit or miss and hard to diagnose.

·
Premium Member
TBSS 3SS
1,991 Posts
When I had my stock battery, same experience as the OP. I suggest you upgrade to a better battery like a red top, yellow top or sears platinum battery. I bought the sears platinum. I even run my stereo while I wash and dry it with no issues. (Alpine W505 + 450w amp + 300w sub)

:burp:

·
SS Fanatic
08 Trailblazer SS
250 Posts
My 08 had a chronic problem with the battery drain, if it sat for more than 2 days the battery would be dead. I ended up doing some reading and pulled the On-Star fuse under the hood. Ever since then their has been no problems it has sat for weeks on end in the garage and it will fire right up.

·
Old but not Dead Yet!
TrailblazerSS
9,572 Posts
Hey good info to know but mine has never given any problem to this point and it is going on 5 years old.

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD - 3SS TBSS
2,617 Posts

·
Premium Member
Bet you cant tell
6,481 Posts
everyone should know by now johnson control makes the majority of all batteries you see at your local stores - find the better pricing and you're good to go.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.