Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Saab97x
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why did the battery light come on the dash?

I recently installed a new battery, past battery I had
Issues, after install car started fine.
Then after turning of I turned to dash and observed a red battery light
So I disconnected the battery in fear of drain.

What I did was turn engine off the lock alarm
Observered the bugular alarm then the red battery
Warrening.
What could cause this it’s a brand new battery. car is a 07 saab97x 5.3i thanks for advice

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
49 Posts
Did you charge the new battery before installing it? All new batteries should be charged first.

·
Registered
Saab97x
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no I didn't charge I assummed it came fully charged.I broke rule #1

so the image of battery isn't a good thing exspecialley when colored red. thanks I mearsure volts and report back.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
49 Posts
Just disconnect the cables and charge it. New batteries can sit on the shelf for months.

·
Registered
Saab97x
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm wise to the expireation sticker they always try to sneak a older staler battery he tryed to give me a dec19
I picked 1/20. I ran the engine for about 15minutes it's been sitting since late dec,
also shouldn't a'll side terminals batterys come w/ a carry strap?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
49 Posts
The carry strap depends on the Brand. If it has been sitting for 3 months and you didn't charge it the first time I just think you need to disconnect and charge for overnight or 24 hours or longer depending on your charger. Give that a try and let us know what happens.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
195 Posts
I believe the red battery light usually stays on in mine when I have the key in the accessory position. Once I start the truck it goes out and the volt gauge shows 15 volts and then fluctuated from 11-14.

·
Registered
'07 3SS 2WD
164 Posts
If you just had the key on, and engine off, the battery light will be on. Normal operation. If it starts fine, you don't need to charge it. Regular driving will top it off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts