Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
06 Trailblazer SS
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what kind of power your putting down with non-ported L92 heads.

On a stock bottom end motor, stock L92 intake, custom cam, and unported heads milled to 64cc am I missing out on 20-30hp or what?

·
Registered
06 Trailblazer SS
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:yawn:

·
Premium Member
'08 TrailblazerSS
4,146 Posts
Paul, you have stock L92 or are you looking to get into some L92s? I have a set of ported and milled L92's / stock intake / ls3 injector combo that I'm putting up for sale shortly. I'd much rather sell them locally if I can, if you would be interested.

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,503 Posts
With stock L92s you are probably down 15-25 hp but that would depend on exactly what the cam specs are and what intake manifold you are choking the heads with. A good set of L92s like a WCCH will produce tq across the board though.

·
Registered
06 Trailblazer SS
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Paul, you have stock L92 or are you looking to get into some L92s? I have a set of ported and milled L92's / stock intake / ls3 injector combo that I'm putting up for sale shortly. I'd much rather sell them locally if I can, if you would be interested.
Jay
I already have a set of stock L92 heads and a set of LME ported and milled L92 heads. I also have a set of AFR 205's. I have an LS3 intake and a L92 intake also both loaded with rails and injectors.

Just trying to figure out which way I want to go.

The ported L92s are going on my 402 with the LS3 intake and going into my chevy II.

So looking to throw either the stock L92 heads or the AFRs on the truck as soon as money allows. If I go L92 and sell the AFRs I'll have money for the install and tune.

One look in my parts room and you would think I like buying parts more than I like going fast...
:doh:

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,503 Posts
Jay
I already have a set of stock L92 heads and a set of LME ported and milled L92 heads. I also have a set of AFR 205's. I have an LS3 intake and a L92 intake also both loaded with rails and injectors.

Just trying to figure out which way I want to go.

The ported L92s are going on my 402 with the LS3 intake and going into my chevy II.

So looking to throw either the stock L92 heads or the AFRs on the truck as soon as money allows. If I go L92 and sell the AFRs I'll have money for the install and tune.

One look in my parts room and you would think I like buying parts more than I like going fast...
:doh:

The AFR will be about 10 cfm short of the stock L92 on the intake at .550+ but also about 30 cfm ahead of the L92 on the exhaust. You should be able to make good power with either option though cam choice will be different with the L92 cam wanting quite a bit more split with a smaller intake lobe.

Manifold wise, the L92 is better then the TBSS LS2 stock for stock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts