Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just seeing whos running a 3600 Stall on their AWD daily driver.
How ya like it.....not like? Would you do something different.
Just getting a feel for things...I will be cammed - possibly custom, long tubes with full exhaust, exhaust, cai, e-fans and maybe throttle body.

·
Lighter-than-you
TrailblazerSS
420 Posts
This guy! 3600 is perfect for AWD. I did my built tran(s) and verters after all the other guinea pigs on here had already figured out that 3200 was the ticket for RWD and 3600 was best for the AWD. You will be used to the stall in less than a day with no drive-ability issues what-so-ever.. just do it at the same time as your cam swap.

Reactions: ThwopKing

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the vote of confidence dude! It's already on order as the deal kinda fell into my lap lol. But it's an FTI single disc billet unit.

·
Lighter-than-you
TrailblazerSS
420 Posts
Thanks for the vote of confidence dude! It's already on order as the deal kinda fell into my lap lol. But it's an FTI single disc billet unit.
Sounds sweet! So are you putting all this stuff together yourself or having a shop do it all at once?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds sweet! So are you putting all this stuff together yourself or having a shop do it all at once?
I'll be having a friend's shop do the headers and exhaust... then another local shop that does tons of LS stuff doing the cam&valvetrain , oil pan mod, trans lines & conv,e- fans and tune. I may do the suspension at my shop when the time comes.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS AWD
1,827 Posts
I’m running a 3500 stall with my calmed AWD. I just recently put it in, and feel like a total idiot for waiting this long. It really woke the truck up, feels like I added 100hp.
It took some getting used to when first driving it for sure. I almost regretted it, but then got familiar with it and love the way it drives now.

·
Premium Member
Sold
5,968 Posts
IMHO - Stall and cam are the best performance mods on these trucks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've got a big cam and 3600 stall yank verter on my converted 2wd. Going up hills slow at night with neighbors sleeping is the only drawback.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've got a big cam and 3600 stall yank verter on my converted 2wd. Going up hills slow at night with neighbors sleeping is the only drawback.
My neighbor buddy that lives across the street from me has a big single turbo built 99 T/A and he often starts it early weekend mornings. No one has complained yet but we always laugh to each other about our vehicles. My crown vic is a bit loud, my tahoe is a bit lout in the exhaust and audio, the Explorer ST is getting downpipes and exhaust and then this is going to be cammed and louder lol. There's 3 or 4 guys with fairly loud bikes as well.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a 3,200 billet RWD for about a year and a half now. Has anyone ever had issues with FTI converters?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts