Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
81 - 100 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
06 trailblazer ss
289 Posts
My father in law just picked up a 06 lt ss awd superior blue metallic one today with 32000 miles on it. My black 06 lt ss awd has 48000 and my wife's black 06 lt ss rwd has 49000 on it.

·
Registered
08 tbss awd
70 Posts
my grocery getter is a 2008 awd 87000 when I bought it a year and a half ago, now it has 88000, I think in another 10 years it should be considered low millage at that time. should be around 100000 and 20 years old, lol

·
Registered
08 tbss awd
70 Posts
the salt up here and there tears them up , thats why I drive the I-6 lt and ls for the winter, I guess I just have to much respect for ss to mess it up for the future, thats the only way I can see this suv holding its value .

·
Registered
n/a
887 Posts
I feel the same way. It is a good practice to undercoat your car when new (I did), but since this is not a daily driving vehicle I do not drive it in the winter. I can enjoy the car by keeping it in mint condition and driving it on sunny days and on trips.

I'm not necessarily telling everyone to do this, but if you live in a bad winter climate area and you care for your car, then you'll try to do what you can. With all cars, good maintenance is the key.

Reactions: Interceptor08

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
170 Posts
I feel the same way. It is a good practice to undercoat your car when new (I did), but since this is not a daily driving vehicle I do not drive it in the winter. I can enjoy the car by keeping it in mint condition and driving it on sunny days and on trips.

I'm not necessarily telling everyone to do this, but if you live in a bad winter climate area and you care for your car, then you'll try to do what you can. With all cars, good maintenance is the key.
Completely agree! I bought my 08' TBSS used from my buddy who was the service manager at the local Chevy dealer. If it wasn't for him being suuuuper meticulous with his vehicles, and this truck being stored winters, I probably wouldn't own one right now.
Luckily too, I have another DD/winter truck that is stored summers! Best part about parking the TBSS and my other toys in the fall/winter...it's like a brand new vehicle(s) to drive in the spring! Never gets old! :cheers1:

·
Registered
n/a
887 Posts
^Yea. Add to it, Chevy trucks and especially the Blazer family are extremely prone to rusting from the rust belt states. The TBs aren't very bad with rust, but I don't think I've seen a blazer here without rust. Old Tahoes and Suburbans get hit bad with rust as well. I love the chassis but its made from steel which isn't coated for rust resistance.....and they will surely rust if you don't protect them.

Reactions: Interceptor08

·
Premium Member
2003 ZO6
7,400 Posts
07 with 67k has 2k on the motor and 0 miles on a built trans that I just had done

81 - 100 of 108 Posts