Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

Who has nitrous?

5K views 74 replies 22 participants last post by  Blindmelon 
#1 ·
I just ordered a single nozzle wet kit for my truck and was wondering who on here has gas on theirs? im just wanting some feedback on what to expect

#2 ·
i do .........i have a nitrous works on mine, wet kit........shooting a 100 shot and its awsome....if u shoot 100 shot ull get 80 rwhp shoot 125 and u get the 100 rwhp !! i only do 100 for now maybe later ill pick it up a bit to 150 !!
i have not yet run into a problem.....and dont want to either !

#7 ·
as long as you have a wet kit on the fuel shouldnt be a problem. I plan on mixxing a gallon or so of 110 in with mine when i spray. I spoke with my tuner and we're going to test it out on the dyno before i hit the track just to make sure everything would be fine, seeing as i already have a tune

#8 ·
whenever I wanted to spray, would a few gallons of 104 unleaded suffice? I'm not gonna run leaded 116 race fuel in my truck, as it will kill the O2 sensors quickly, which will then cause false O2 readings, which could then lead to KABOOM!! :eek:

#9 ·
yea 104 would be fine, fyi i mix 1 gallon of 110 in with mine every other fillup just to keep it clean and i have had no o2 problems. I run 110 in my trans am all the time but i have lead resistant denso o2 sensors.

#10 ·
Exactly....I ran the Denso's in my Camaro because I ran leaded race gas in there, but kinda had to....12.5:1 comp plus a lil N2O called for it. :D

I just want to do like a simple 100 shot wet kit, but be able to run it on a PCM4Less canned tune.

#19 ·
Nitrous loves motors with a lot of compression. One of my friedns customers is running 14.5:1 compression in a LT1 Impala SS with 2 stages and runs on C16 fuel. The car is insane.

back on topic. I ordered a harris speed works single nozzle wet kit. I plan on running a 125hp n2o jet and a 150hp fuel jet just to keep it a little on the rich side. Im not going to spray it on the track untill i hook up HP Tuners and test it out on the dyno.

Before i dynoed 352 rwhp with a tune. I'm hoping for arouns 450-460 with it jetted like i said above.

#29 ·
I run a 2 stage NX system (wet) also 2 bottles with heaters (adjustable) both feed into a Y-fitting to a single #6 an hose to the front. All the relays are hidden & mounted under the removable box. I have a gauge in back also a electric nitrous gauge up front. I always know my A/F with a wide-band mounted at eye-level on the piller. I leave on 50 HP after I feel the tires hook & stage 2 (75 hp) comes in 2.5 seconds later but I can make the delay set to any time depending on track conditions. May also add I have a fuel pressure gauge. I use a hand button this way I can start or let off nitrous & continue on motor. If you are already winning let off save the nitrous don't let know you got more left. My 12.81 @ 107.75 was when it had only 1500 miles stock tires, Diablo tuner & dual exhaust. I do not have a new time yet after my new mods (electric fans, under-drive pulley, cut-outs, ram-air & Nitto 305-45-18" NT555R DR's also a 2800 to 3,000 stall with billet servo's/shift-kit new band and disc. I think I can hit it out of the hole with the stall & DR's for a killer 60 ft. Looking for a 12.20 at least. Then the L92 heads go on with new cam (all Manley valves, retainers & springs). Look out mid 11's I also have bigger jets if all else fails.
http://s85.photobucket.com/albums/k73/SSTBLS2/?action=view&current=Install.jpg

#30 ·
Just one more thing to mention MSD has a great new product out called Timing Twister it is also made for the LS2 as plug & play. This will allow you to tune more spark advance (+) or less spark advance (-) from what ever tune you are running to fine tune it to the weather or grade of gas you are running. So if you run some 100 octane at the track crank it up a couple degree's. It also has a feature that will pull timing over 1800 rpm when the nitrous comes on. All it takes is a twist of a small screwdriver to make these changes. Most custom tunes are maxed out on advance and that is ok, you can just make your best motor run's & then when it comes nitrous time it will pull the 4* to 6* timing from it when the nitrous hits. Cool & makes everything safe. Lot of people don't realize pulling timing with nitrous gives you lots more HP & torque as well as being safer. Mine will be in next week. Here is a link.
http://msdignition.com/2007/timingtwister.html

#31 ·
nice setup, im trying to figure where i could hide the bottle and the nozzle for the wetshot. i thought about mounting the solenoids in the air box but i dont knowwhere i could run the lines from the solenoids to the nozzle. or where i could drill the nozzle into at.

G
#32 ·
I havent checked to see if a tank will fit in the stowage compartment. If you want a sneaky system, give Dave at Nitrous Outlet a call.. I've seen (or haven't seen :secret:) some of his hidden setups..
Best thing to do is keep your engine cover on and hide everything underneath it..

#33 ·
I just ordered my free NX banner for my shop wall-hanger. Free from NX web-site just pay $9.98 shipping. NX will release a new fitting for GM guy's that fits on the factory clip fitting before it goes to the rails to run gas before the rails to the solenoids also pressure gauge. It will be about $45.00 the 1st of Aug. This will be so much safer then pulling it off the passinger rail that is already too small. LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.