Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
06' TBSS LT2
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Tracked it down through GM dealer. It wasn't cheap. Most of these parts from the dealer aren't.

You pay the same prices for these parts as if it were a new car still getting it from them!

But certain things cannot be painted or restored. I could've tried heat. I could've coated it with cerakote. But nothing beats brand new oem.

Wheels came in today. Look great. Saturday the suspension will be addressed. Problem is time. I don't have enough dam time to get all of this done.

·
Registered
2008 TrailblazerSS
998 Posts

·
Registered
06' Red Jewel 3SS,
348 Posts
Thanks guys. Mine has split where the rubber meets the plastic at the ends. Only I see it but it drives me crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
06' TBSS LT2
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)

Dropped it off for the suspension work in the am. He's down to 3 TBSS and only 1 white. Whereas last week there were 3 white.

May bring the wheels up tomorrow
Not 100% depends on how much time I have. Worst case next weekend. Like a kid on Christmas eve.

·
Registered
06' TBSS LT2
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Wheels are on.

The old... junk.

The new.
Also did new TPMS sensors all around. One was stubborn but instead of doing it twice i did them all. Another 200 bucks but they'll be good for years and years. One less thing to have to deal with. The difference buying a car enhanced by an enthusiast vs some used car flipper or long time owner just trying to move his old junk on.

Struts and upper control arms are in.

Mounts also. They were shot.

New GM rear shocks.

Aligned.

So new looking. Truck is very clean. Drove it home. Rides same at 50 as it does at 90+. Smooth straight controlled.

He has 6 others there (one black out of frame a blue 97x aero and a blue TBSS on the dyno).

None can hold a candle to the condition of this truck.

21k today forward until the new from gm driver seat cover and foam are installed. Then it's 22k. At that point I will be done enhancing this one. And I will use it until that person who wants it comes and gets it.

·
Registered
06' TBSS LT2
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
More parts going on this weekend that just arrived. Located 2 new sill panel "CHEVROLET" stainless inserts for the passenger side front light gray trailblazer interiors. We all know how destroyed they get! And they still use a similar design till this day lol.

The truck has a buyer who has reserved it and I am now waiting for him to come down and make his final decision. The price is 22k. The best part is I will be holding onto it for a while before he takes delivery. He a close friend from childhood in NY. He knows I keep my vehicles in my climate controlled garage and have other vehicles to drive as does he.

If for some odd reason he backs out or decides he doesn't want it? I will repost in this thread.

My advice to you all is this. If you see one that looks unmolested and under a max mileage threshold you deem necessary, jump on it. I got this truck for a fair price. But it needed numerous "small" things that add up to a decent several thousand dollars (that I wanted to make it feel and look "new" - mechanically it was fine).

But in the end - no rust - previous owner had several vehicles and didn't use this one in Salt or snow as he is a long time GM hi po vehicle owner with 2 - 8 second cars.
I am torn as I know can turn my attention to the next project but know finding a lower (than avg) mile unmolested TBSS is getting harder and harder and the price climbs and climbs.

Have a happy Thanksgiving everyone. And good luck with the search I hope everyone finds what they're looking for in the end (me included).

·
Registered
2020 Ram 1500 CC
55 Posts
First on the DM if it doesn't go?

Reactions: tonygxp

·
Registered
179 Posts
Just stopped off at the shop. Looks like some of my new oem parts arrived.

Driver's side bottom seat foam.
And just the most amazing thing I have seen for a TBSS in a long time.

OEM driver bottom seat cover. Figure putting a new foam? might as well change the cover. Like starting over again.
Where did you get the seat foam and cover?

Thx

·
Registered
06' TBSS LT2
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Where did you get the seat foam and cover?

Thx
GM my brotha. It wasn't cheap. It was pretty easy though. I have swapped similar items in other project vehicles so I am familiar with the ins and out of seat covers exchanges and have ability of the shop, other techs and long list of help when I get stuck.

Back on topic.

Well. I have done a few more things. Figure let's keep it rollin in case my friend decides he doesn't want the truck at some point. Shit does happen!

I mean... what else is there to say? No TBSS restoration is complete without a set of these easy to find sill plate inserts! (Sarcasm). They weren't all that easy to find.

While we're at it? How about that bottom seat cover? Man. It feels like you're sitting in a new truck and well worth it. Loving it.

·
Registered
06' TBSS LT2
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Just ordered lower control arms w/ball joints and upper ball joints as well as outer tie rod ends. Might as well get it all done. The only thing visibly worn were the upper bushings so those arms were replaced when I did the struts but I am not happy with the feel over rough pavement so entire front end will be done as a preventive measure. I'll post pics of the old and new when time comes.

I also replaced the steering wheel buttons and have a new hvac control on order as the one in there has 2 bulbs out. I also replaced the right rear taillamp (the one on there had a hairline crack buy the top screw hole and it bothered me.

As for the seat foam and cover swap heres a few pics of the job I took while trying to bang that out. I need a camera man to video this stuff lol

Cover and foam removed from frame.

Bottom heating element removed which was then reattached via spray contact cement to the new foam.

Attaching new cover to the foam with hog rings. Iirc there were 11 on top and 2 on the underside.

All done.
this pic is a good illustration as to why the new foam makes the difference. The one on the right is so flat. The front actually dips you can see it easily compared to the new one. 13yrs and 75k miles that'll happen.

Just fantastic.

·
Registered
06' Red Jewel 3SS,
348 Posts
Hey Tony. I’m interested in your old steering wheel buttons and hvac control. I’d like to tinker with swapping out the bulbs but don’t want to mess mine up. Let me know if you didn’t already throw them in the trash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2008 TrailblazerSS
12,864 Posts
Tracked it down through GM dealer. It wasn't cheap. Most of these parts from the dealer aren't.

You pay the same prices for these parts as if it were a new car still getting it from them!

But certain things cannot be painted or restored. I could've tried heat. I could've coated it with cerakote. But nothing beats brand new oem.

Wheels came in today. Look great. Saturday the suspension will be addressed. Problem is time. I don't have enough dam time to get all of this done.
Can you provide me the part number to that cowl piece? I'd like to order a new one for mine.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

21 - 33 of 33 Posts