Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so now there is a whining noise coming from inside the truck that gets higher pitched the faster I go. I wanna say its coming from the speakers but the stereo works fine????:dunno:

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,274 Posts
If you can hear it that bad inside the vehicle and its louder as you accelerate its most likely interferance from the radio.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
56 Posts
Sounds like the factory amp has a internal issue, maybe bad ground. Does hitting/moving center counsole change the noise or make it go away?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
1 Posts
when i start my tbss it makes noise out the back passenger speaker and gets loader as i accelerate. moving/hitting the center counsole doesnt work but it only does it some times for a little while then stops

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
56 Posts
for me hitting the center counsole only worked a few times. I also have intermittent r/f speaker crackle that would or would not come & go w/ whine. radio guy at my shop/dealer says gm amps fail like that all the time. I have a ext warr. on my truck but have to wait a few more days to kick in, I may just take counsole out & check mounting & ground on amp. I post after that & after we fix at dealer w/ warrenty. I have navi also & keep loosing some memory features, clock, base/treb. eq, beep, dimmer but this probably seperat issue.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
56 Posts
Sorry for leading you on wrong direction for speaker noise and center counsole, Bose speaker amp not there. Guess I should have looked it up before I tore into my counsole & should have used spell check on last post. Amp appears to be inbetween c & d pillers righthand side. Will let you know what fixes my noise from speakers. GL w/ yours

·
Premium Member
2006 TrailblazerSS
3,224 Posts
Did any of you figure out this whining noise? I've been having this issue for a while now and it is SO ANNOYING! It's coming from my front driver side speaker. It gets even louder when I accelerate. It's almost as if its picking up sounds from the engine or something. Because like when I roll up and down my windows it sounds like errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, or when I turn on my turn signals you can here the whining plus the click click click but it's REALLY LOUD, it doesnt sound like it normally should. I don't know what to do. The dealer pretty much did nothing so please help if you can, thanks =)

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
There was a TSB relating to Onstar and my truck was doing this, it was something to do with the wiring harness for Onstar...Look up in the TSB threads and you will find your answer. It's not likely the Bose Amp, or the head unit...the Onstar issues is a fairly common issue!

·
Registered
07' TrailblazerSS
279 Posts
My battery negative wasn't all the way tight and I was having this problem, tightened it and no more, so its probably a ground IMO.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
56 Posts
Anybody find a good fix for the whinning noise related to engine speed coming from the speakers? I have replaced the Navi radio headunit in the dash (memory issue fixed), the right front door speaker (speaker crackle fixed) and the bose speaker amp. The whinning noise has been gone for some time. Whine just came back tonight. Turned radio on and off 3 times, whine still there. Had my daughter turn off the rear seat audio controls ( turns off rear speakers) and whine stoped, turned R.S.A.C. and whine started up again. Turned off & on 2 more times & same thing. So maybe problem is in the rear seat audio controler or HVAC control module-auxiliary per shopkey. I did have the center counsole out again to replace air bag module and tightened a ground (g201 maybe) at same time that other items above were replaced. Noise did stop on its own after parked vehicle for awhile. I am thinking a wire/ground issue or the aux hvac controler RSAC. Anybody got any ideas? I will post any new news. Thanks & sorry for long post.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
3,037 Posts
Do you have a supercharger you don't know about?? Lol Jk mine just started doing it too

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,293 Posts
I was actually worried for a while it was my rear diff going out, but if was definitely from inside the vehicle. :dunno:

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,293 Posts
Mine has been very high pitched almost to where I can barely hear it while driving. It hasn't been too loud at all.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts