Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Resident NIP
06 SS Trailblazer
4,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a stall that is capable of towing. I tow boats all the time, particularly a 23 ft wakeboard boat. Any suggestions? I'm 2wd by the way.

·
Resident NIP
06 SS Trailblazer
4,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Premium Member
2008 TrailblazerSS
1,496 Posts
There's Fastmotorsports, Yank and Circle D. Just don't expect to much at the track, as far as reducing your ET's

·
Registered
06 TrailblazerSS AWD
867 Posts
Yeah I'm looking for the same thing. I've been looking for a boat probably no bigger than a 24ft and at the same time want to get a stall and trans cooler. Just didn't know which stall to go with

·
Registered
06 TrailblazerSS AWD
867 Posts
There's Fastmotorsports, Yank and Circle D. Just don't expect to much at the track, as far as reducing your ET's
Well wouldn't a 3200 stall be better than stock and still improve atleast a .5 second.

·
Premium Member
04 NBSCC Silverado
1,334 Posts
What's the capacity of the 3600?

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,887 Posts
I swear every time I go on Yank's site I cant find the PTB3200 stall. I always see the billet one for $9xx.00 instead. :dunno: Thats why I said 1K.

·
Premium Member
2008 TrailblazerSS
1,496 Posts
I swear every time I go on Yank's site I cant find the PTB3200 stall. I always see the billet one for $9xx.00 instead. :dunno: Thats why I said 1K.
That could be the case, I went off of FMS and Circle D's 11" verter. I guess I should have specified.

·
Boost Addict...
Trailblazer SS
2,396 Posts
PTB 3200 $945.00 trust me I am on the fence about it to. Just want the tranny built first to handle the launches. I just cant see spending that much on a converter and still build the tranny I just cant afford it.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,185 Posts
A 3200 will drop ETs by .3-.5 seconds

So it's not worth 1K?
Every penny brother. I have had the 3600 and 3200 both are the best DD friendly converters on the market today.

PTB 3200 $945.00 trust me I am on the fence about it to. Just want the tranny built first to handle the launches. I just cant see spending that much on a converter and still build the tranny I just cant afford it.
Go ahead a jump the fence its worth every penny. NO NO NO NO NO lost of daily driver friendliness what so ever. Go to the track on DRs and do 1.6x 60fts.

Yank is the only way to go IMO. Ive put several thousand mile on yank converters. I just sold one to wade and he will tell you theres a huge difference in the circle D and yank both in the DD and at the track. We have a yank in an 02 camaro ss that we put through some of the hardest miles any car has seen and 3 transmissions and 65,000 miles later is still cutting low 1.5x 60 fts on motor.

·
Premium Member
2008 TrailblazerSS
1,496 Posts
Is this towards a certain brand? I was informed it was more of a street friendly verter than a track friendly verter. I was under the impression the 3600 would be the one to get .3-.5 ET drops but you lose towing.

·
Me>Matt
6,756 Posts
3600 should get u atleast 5tenths if not a little more, but im sure the 3200 does show a good gain as well. i love my Yank i'd buy it in my next car for sure

·
Boost Addict...
Trailblazer SS
2,396 Posts

Every penny brother. I have had the 3600 and 3200 both are the best DD friendly converters on the market today.

Go ahead a jump the fence its worth every penny. NO NO NO NO NO lost of daily driver friendliness what so ever. Go to the track on DRs and do 1.6x 60fts.

Yank is the only way to go IMO. Ive put several thousand mile on yank converters. I just sold one to wade and he will tell you theres a huge difference in the circle D and yank both in the DD and at the track. We have a yank in an 02 camaro ss that we put through some of the hardest miles any car has seen and 3 transmissions and 65,000 miles later is still cutting low 1.5x 60 fts on motor.

Yea Bubba, I have herd nothing but the best reviews from anyone who has or had a yank. Im currently saving for the tranny build as of right now so that is to come first. Then I will look into which verter to get honestly I was leaning towards the circle d or a phoenix converter. Just because of the price but I am considering all options especially with yanks rep.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts