Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on installing an aftermarket oil pressure gauge. I'd like to install an electric gauge but am unsure if they are reliable or accurate. I don't like the idea of routing a pressurised hose through the firewall. what type of gauge have you used in the past and which would you recommend?

mechanical gauge:

electric gauge:

electric gauge:

M16x1.5 to 1/8" NPT adapter:

·
Super Moderator
TrailblazerSS
1,367 Posts
Spend the $80 get an autometer electric gauge. Comes with the sender and everything needed to install (besides wire and knowledge) to install. They are good quality, accurate and available in multiple color, face, and 2 sizes.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
TrailblazerSS
1,367 Posts
Clean, stylish, accurate, no oil lines in the vehicle its a no brainer.. have not done a pod in the SS yet but after next round of mods might add 1..

And before I get flamed about the crooked gauges, that's my 600+hp civic so I set the needles straight up at optimum conditions, if I see a needle not at 12o'clock I let out, it's kinda tough to watch gauges as your battling the wheel and shifter. The other pic is my old f150 work truck, I tow alot.

·
Super Moderator
TrailblazerSS
1,367 Posts
They look ok with leds also not spotty and dark, pic is kinda off cause it focused on 1 gauge not all. Your eye picks them up even lit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts