Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the tittle says guys which cam would be the best i want a silent cam not a choppy one. I was looking towards the thunder racing "LS2 CheaTR" - 215/230 .629/.592 117 LSA and i was also planning on going with some stock L92 heads and intake. what do you guys think??

·
Premium Member
'06 AWD
5,094 Posts
Get the heads from Rich @ WCCH. P&P he will help ya out. I though not to long ago I saw someone here selling a P&P truck intake too bit can't remember who.

Ma'am have you ever seen a cat skeleton in a tree? Exactly it will come down.

·
Banned
3,510 Posts
Cam design for the stock heads compared to the cam design for a set of l92 heads is way different in operation.

The cheater cam or basically any cheater cam is not silent when you have any exhaust work done unless you raise the idle significantly.

We did our cheater cam in a local truck here with just an intake,efans, cheater cam and our stall as mods. Idles at the stock 600 rpm with NO lope, then the customer added a magnaflow catback system and the lope was then noticed a little that it might not quite be stock anymore. Gains for the cheater cam are roughly in the 30hp range give or take more depending on other bolton mods.

What are the current mods on the truck? What are your goals? What is your budget?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cam design for the stock heads compared to the cam design for a set of l92 heads is way different in operation.

The cheater cam or basically any cheater cam is not silent when you have any exhaust work done unless you raise the idle significantly.

We did our cheater cam in a local truck here with just an intake,efans, cheater cam and our stall as mods. Idles at the stock 600 rpm with NO lope, then the customer added a magnaflow catback system and the lope was then noticed a little that it might not quite be stock anymore. Gains for the cheater cam are roughly in the 30hp range give or take more depending on other bolton mods.

What are the current mods on the truck? What are your goals? What is your budget?
my mods are K&N cai, efans, tune, and a big ass magnaflow muffler..
well my goal is to atleast hit mid 12's n/a..
and as for budget well i dont want anything to drastic lol
well what cam do you guys recomend me something not so choppy

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,274 Posts
hell me i want a mean ass lope, i want that guy next to me to hear it lol, " ya buddy thats me makin that noise lets roll"
:rofl: :iamwithstupid:

My original plans were to go N/A with a Attitude cam for PCMforless but everyone around me is doing force induction So I changed my route!

To the OP check out PCMforless "Stealth Cam" or like some will tell you if not already have choose a tuner and set your goals.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,185 Posts
mid 12s....you're gonna hear that cam. :) heh.
All depends on the grind and how it is tuned. Alvin and I have the same cam but sound totally different. His lopes and chops mine doesnt unless you open the cutout.

hell me i want a mean ass lope, i want that guy next to me to hear it lol, " ya buddy thats me makin that noise lets roll"
Choppy and loping doesnt always equal fast

Alvin @ PCMForLess makes the Stealth cam for the stock heads. I'm sure he could spec something similar out for L92 heads.
steath cam for sure if he doesnt want to hear it with stock heads.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i think the stealth cam is what im gonna buy..
does anyone know the specs of that cam????

·
secret squirrel
TrailblazerSS
1,280 Posts
does anyone have the Stealth cam-either low or high lift- with exhaust and a video of it??? even my 'rv cam' im my big block truck has a 'little lope' to it. i dont think it would be heard if it had a different muffler on it. it has a magnaflow right now and it is slightly noticeable. just wondering what the 'high lift' stealth cam would sound like. gratzi....:cheers1:

·
Kidd
2007 Blue Tbss
1,175 Posts
does anyone have the Stealth cam-either low or high lift- with exhaust and a video of it??? even my 'rv cam' im my big block truck has a 'little lope' to it. i dont think it would be heard if it had a different muffler on it. it has a magnaflow right now and it is slightly noticeable. just wondering what the 'high lift' stealth cam would sound like. gratzi....:cheers1:
This is a video of the cam with no muffler. So of course, add in the muffler. I believe that it will be unnoticeable

http://tbssowners.powertvonline.com/video_detail.php?mId=5233

·
secret squirrel
TrailblazerSS
1,280 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
nice...see that would sound very nice with a corsa exhaust.....just a little gargle....is this the high lift or low lift??:burp:
it sounds niceee
and thats a good question about the low lift and high lift.

·
secret squirrel
TrailblazerSS
1,280 Posts
it says low lift.
what says low lift?? he just said 'heres a video of the cam' didnt specify which one...??:popcorn3:

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
763 Posts
1 - 20 of 38 Posts