Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to SSnowflake, Ill be installing a nice Pioneer Avic-x920bt sometime next week. I have everythiing ready for when it arrives, (Axxess steering wheel module, antenna, wiring harness, etc.) only thing Im wanting to add is a back up camera. Never bought or installed one before.I see that many are universal and vary in mounting, size, shape.....Which one would you guys recommend? I also have a problem with finding a location to mount it. Please post up any pics of your mounted back up cameras.

I'm also on the fence about getting on of the cheaper license plate mounted cameras just incase it gets stolen.

·
Premium Member
Bet you cant tell
6,481 Posts

i mounted mine to the right of the hitch - i used a BOYO camera with 120* view and night vision. works great

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
699 Posts
Same as Barry only mine is mounted under my hitch.

Barry, where did u tap for power? I went to the taillight but wanted to shorten it up, anyone know which wire is power and ground in the trailer plug? Thanx

·
Premium Member
06 AWD SS
4,200 Posts
I'd like to know as well. I've got a Z series Pioneer and I'm gonna get a camera soon and I need mounting ideas.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Premium Member
Bet you cant tell
6,481 Posts
Boyo VTK 350 is the model I have, roughly $50
As far as the trailer plug, does anyone know the wiring?
thats the same one i have

Do not buy one that is infarded note vision. I put one on my daughters truck and it washes out the picture. Awful, so I'm in the market again too.
not sure what you mean b/c its light sensitive and goes infared at night only and its crystal clear all the time for me.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
254 Posts
thats the same one i have

not sure what you mean b/c its light sensitive and goes infared at night only and its crystal clear all the time for me.
On mine, let me say this they are the cheaper ones. Day it ok. At nite is when it washes out the pic. Jus real bright/white pic. Maybe cause it's cheap. I got 3 for like $50. Bought extras so I could put them on my Denali upfront for parking help. Gittn all the way up in places. That's what I gig for being a cheapass.....lol.

·
Premium Member
Bet you cant tell
6,481 Posts
On mine, let me say this they are the cheaper ones. Day it ok. At nite is when it washes out the pic. Jus real bright/white pic. Maybe cause it's cheap. I got 3 for like $50. Bought extras so I could put them on my Denali upfront for parking help. Gittn all the way up in places. That's what I gig for being a cheapass.....lol.
That's def cheap. What head unit do you have ?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
40 Posts
I just got done installing a Pioneer Z130 with the Pioneer backup cam, ended up sticking it in the rear bowtie. Decent camera with a real wide angle.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.