Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
06 TBSS
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into a last minute vacation in February with the wife and we both want to visit California. I'm just trying to find out where the best place is to vacation as neither of us have ever been to Cali. Were both 24 and haven't done much traveling. I def want to see a California style car show while I'm out there (heard good things). Throw some ideas at me please!
Thanks,
- Ed

PS we will not be visiting JJs house.~TTT

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
71 Posts
San Diego, Huntington Beach, Santa Monica - cant go wrong with any of them. As for car shows, they is something going on all the time. Pomona Swap Meet should be up and running again in Feb..thats a sight to see!

·
Premium Member
06 TBSS
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What does each town/city have to offer? Also looking for warm weather. Tired of the bitter cold in Illinois.

·
The one and only JJ
14,071 Posts
Whats wrong with jj's house?
We have a latina milf and 3 latina daughters who like to strut around in PINK victoria secret tight sweats or shorts, how can u not want to come see me? lol.

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS
905 Posts
go to LA to see Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Laguna Beach isnt far and all the movie stars and stuff

·
Just Win Baby!
06 BLK SS RWD
2,635 Posts
Stay in Anaheim. It's close to just about everything. What do you want to do? Disneyland, Knott's Berry Farm are close.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
211 Posts
We did a road trip down hwy 1 from San Fran to San Diego this past summer and it was awesome. Stayed in Santa Monica for a couple nights with my gf's aunt and uncle and it was real cool, lots to see and do.

·
Registered
05 Colorado
300 Posts
First take that Hwy 1 drive along Monterey / San Francisco Area. So you can see how beautiful Cali really is......Then take a ride down Hwy 17 / 580 around the Oakland Area. So you can see how terrible some of our roads are...and also see how bad some people actually have it here in Cali.

Hope you enjoy your stay and hopefully some of our beautiful sunshine!

·
WANNABE SS OWNER
Trailblazer SS 2wd
16,025 Posts

·
Premium Member
06 TBSS
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
JJ- too many cones. please don't bring them to chicago.

Chris- Hollywood is most likely going to be one of our stops as I have family there. Just not sure of its orientation to everything else we want to see.

Rob- I dont think were really interested in theme parks but I'll bring it up to the wife. We def want to spend some time on the beach.

Brian- Highway 1 sounds like a must! Wish I could bring the TBSS.

Ronnie- I'm staying as far away from Oakland as possible haha we have our own "problem" areas here in Chicago.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
211 Posts
It is, there's a section of road that has 67 miles of curves, with mountains on one side and drop off to the ocean on the the other. Being from Texas it was cool seeing the seals, otters and other wildlife outside of a zoo.

·
Premium Member
06 TBSS
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
damn, if I could get 2 weeks off I'd just drive there. 33 hr drive would be too much for just a week.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
211 Posts
Yeah way to far, we flew into San Fran, rented a Jeep Wrangler and drove down to San Diego over a weeks time, then flew back to Dallas.

·
Premium Member
06 TBSS
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah way to far, we flew into San Fran, rented a Jeep Wrangler and drove down to San Diego over a weeks time, then flew back to Dallas.
This sounds like a good time. Did you have all your stops planned out or just kind of wing it?

·
Premium Member
'07 SS3 Silverstone
3,805 Posts
West Covina!

This Mook opened the RedRobin there!
:biggrin2:

Bring a gun and a shank though....

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
211 Posts
We had a general idea of about how far we wanted to go each day but just went till we felt like stopping, no reservations or anthing, I don't like sticking to an itinerary it takes some of the fun out of the trip. For example, we were planning on heading down to Monteray then i saw a brochure for the Winchester Mansion (awesome btw) in San Jose, so we detoured there then headed back to Hwy 1 over a mountain (ended up being one of the coolest drives ever on switchbacks through redwoods)

·
Premium Member
06 TBSS
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Alright, San Francisco to San Diego via highway 1 will most likely be the trip we plan. Feel free to add suggestions on where to stop.

·
WANNABE SS OWNER
Trailblazer SS 2wd
16,025 Posts
I have made the Seattle to SD drive a few times. I would suggest stopping in Valencia(north of LA) and hitting up Six Flags. If you like amusement parks that Six Flags is worth your time:2cents: You will love Highway 1:cheers1:

·
Premium Member
07 2wd TBSS
9,172 Posts
Disneyland, Knotts berry farm, queen Mary is a good spot for romantic couples, hollywerid, universal studios, six flags magic moutain

1 - 20 of 33 Posts