Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where are you guys putting your Widebands for a stock exhaust?

I'm hesitant to put it on only one side, but it seems like the Y might be too far back for a good answer.

H

·
0 Posts
Are you catted or ORY?
If you have cats, you need to put it before the cats. If not, you can put it wherever the hell you want, as long as you dont have any exhaust leaks

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice...thanks for the pic.

PS...I am catted.

·
Registered
2006 TBSS
820 Posts
When you are logging wideband, make sure you have a status bit to know when COT mode is turned on.. In ref to the thread topic, I think my Y pipe is leaking but I cannot feel it nor can I smell it. It just reads a tad leaner when I go over bump surface.. Fucking stainless works Y came with fitment issues anyways; it wouldn't surprise me. I think I might be getting a custom X anyways. In which case I will be buying an extra LC-1..

You guys who have your wbo2 sensors right near your stockers.. Do you know you can have the LC-1 simulate a narrowband? Thats what I plan to do when I go w/ my X pipe.

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^^ I read that in the manual, but it seemed like way to much confusion for me to jump into just yet...

What effect will the overtemp have on my wideband?

·
Registered
2006 TBSS
820 Posts
It will dump a bunch of fuel to cool off the cats and you might think you are running rich.. but that wil not hold true when COT is off or not enabled. It probably will register a difference in your commanded afr and be loggable with a status bit.

·
Registered
06 TBSS 2WD
346 Posts
I'm wondering if it would be better to run the wideband off the passenger side. From past experience, the passenger side will run a tad leaner because of the fueling setup. With an aftermarket fuel rail it wouldn't matter as much unless the fuel pump couldn't keep up.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I'm wondering if it would be better to run the wideband off the passenger side. From past experience, the passenger side will run a tad leaner because of the fueling setup. With an aftermarket fuel rail it wouldn't matter as much unless the fuel pump couldn't keep up.
7 is the lean hole on our trucks with 5 comming in close second . Wide band should be put in on the drivers side pre cat . Like Rich has done .

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well...that's where I instructed the welder to put it, in front of the driver side cat...when I came back, he showed me where he installed it on the passenger side instead, because he couldn't get a tool in there...god damn asshole wasted my bung without asking me.

Now I'm trying to get it done right for free.

·
Registered
2006 White TBSS
476 Posts
You guys who have your wbo2 sensors right near your stockers.. Do you know you can have the LC-1 simulate a narrowband? Thats what I plan to do when I go w/ my X pipe.
I did it this way. Nice and clean.

·
Registered
06 TBSS 2WD
346 Posts
7 is the lean hole on our trucks with 5 comming in close second . Wide band should be put in on the drivers side pre cat . Like Rich has done .
Interesting....all my logging, and yes, I'm looking at the narrow band o2s...not the best...indicate that bank 2(passenger side) is ALWAYS the leanest. I know the factory o2 sensors aren't as accurate as the wideband sitting on my table, but my logging says passenger side, which I would have thought also, being the fuel supply is on the bank 1 (left) side and it then has to go through the skinny crossover to get to bank 2. But I don't have the experience with anything but my own truck. But I also have the luxury of installing mine at the y since I don't have cats.

·
Registered
2006 TBSS
820 Posts
I did it this way. Nice and clean.
Have you adjusted the analog output speed of the LC-1? Sometimes it can output too fast and cause the ECM to think its not switching correctly.

·
Premium Member
1,806 Posts
Well that bites. Wire routing is easier on the drivers side too.

You can buy bungs and caps online.

Hey Matt, assume 5 and 7 is just because of intake design and nothing else odd?

Hope all is well. Keep hearing good stuff from everyone that stops by and has you do work !
It has mostly to do with the firing order if I'm not mistaken. Cylinders 5 and 7 are right next to each other and fire almost sequentially. None of the rest of the firing order is like this

·
Registered
2006 White TBSS
476 Posts
Have you adjusted the analog output speed of the LC-1? Sometimes it can output too fast and cause the ECM to think its not switching correctly.
Nope, just left the factory settings. When I watched it on EFI Live Scanning I was so happy I wired it right.
So if the ECM doesn't like the fast output it'll set a O2 sensor code??

·
Registered
2006 TBSS
820 Posts
Yeah.. something about insufficient switching... It is also so fast that it picks up lean 'pockets' of air.. 300hz (300fps).. I changed it to 1 frame every 1/12th and get consistent output.. It depends on your logging speed. I have no idea what the sample rate is for the ecm to o2 sensor.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts