Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So apparently the suspension ride height sensors have been discontinued by GM and I’ve had no luck with the aftermarket. Does anyone know where to get them or does anyone have them? I need for the right side(passenger’s side) thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It’s says discontinued on there as well. They only have them for trailblazers without sport suspension (b4u)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does anyone else know where to get them or what the difference is with the sensors for non performance suspension vehicles? It seems odd that this part is discontinued.

·
Registered
2008 TrailblazerSS
1,130 Posts
I never knew that any of the other trailblazer models even came with air adjustable suspension. Thought it was just the SS.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
206 Posts
Like MikeDeez said above only the SS has air suspension. You can buy them from RockAuto for about $114.00 each. Or you can do what I did and just switch over to coil springs. It kept the stock ride height and the SS handles just great with the springs. I would get new shocks with the springs. It took me less than an hour to convert to the springs. Just a thought.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I’m almost certain it was an option on envoys as well as trailblazers. The sport suspension height sensors have the blue arm as opposed to black. Springs are and option but I already have coil overs in front and shocks in rear and lowered on the bags. I’d like to keep the air.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
155 Posts
Let me shed some light on this situation for you. You are correct Denali envoy came with leveling suspension. That being said. The black arm sensor are for those models as well as a couple others. Buick Rainer, Saab 9-7.. You can use the black arm sensors on the trailblazer SS but they can not be bolted in the stock location. You have to remove the front bolt and turn the sensor towards the front of the vehicle to lower the ride height. Then bolt it back down using only one of the bolts. Make sure to do it evenly. The black arm sensors are set for the factory ride height of the regular suspension vehicles. The TBSS in 2 inches lower from the factory and thus has a different sensor. Good luck.

·
Registered
'07 3SS 2WD
333 Posts
Let me shed some light on this situation for you. You are correct Denali envoy came with leveling suspension. That being said. The black arm sensor are for those models as well as a couple others. Buick Rainer, Saab 9-7.. You can use the black arm sensors on the trailblazer SS but they can not be bolted in the stock location. You have to remove the front bolt and turn the sensor towards the front of the vehicle to lower the ride height. Then bolt it back down using only one of the bolts. Make sure to do it evenly. The black arm sensors are set for the factory ride height of the regular suspension vehicles. The TBSS in 2 inches lower from the factory and thus has a different sensor. Good luck.
Are the arms the same length?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for shredding light on this. So if I’m understanding correctly, that means it wont work for me because I have my trailblazer lowered on the bags currently with bell tech shocks because I adjusted factory sensors... if I use the envoy sensors, I can probably only adjust them to factory SS height but probably no lower than that correct? I have the truck at 31” in the rear currently

·
Premium Member
'08 Silver TBSS
4,608 Posts
Thanks for shredding light on this. So if I’m understanding correctly, that means it wont work for me because I have my trailblazer lowered on the bags currently with bell tech shocks because I adjusted factory sensors... if I use the envoy sensors, I can probably only adjust them to factory SS height but probably no lower than that correct? I have the truck at 31” in the rear currently
You can use Envoy sensors, but like nojokes09 said above, just need to remove the front bolt and rotate the sensor forward. This way the sensor "sees" the truck is at correct ride height and won't kick the air compressor on trying to raise the truck. Think of rotating the body of the sensor instead of moving the black arm to set height.

Reactions: MikeDeez

·
Registered
128 Posts
Or just swap the blue arms in if you still hve them. A pair of little flathead screwdrivers and some heat shrink for good measure and they swap right over...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts