Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems that I'm finding our bolt pattern doesn't allow for a lot of options when it comes to aftermarket wheels...I don't hate the stock wheels on my SS, but I don't love them either. The majority of the threads on this section of the forum seem to be dedicated to replicas, but that's the last thing I'm looking for. Any suggestions for a reputable website that offers more or better options that will have the correct bolt patterns and similar specs to our stock wheels in terms of size? My preference would be for a 20x9 or 20x10...

Thanks!

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw some nice HRE wheels that a forum member sold and another forum member bought, but I have to imagine those were really expensive. I also have found some wheel manufacturers that sell "blanks" that can be drilled for various bolt pattern options, but even those typically (at least with the styles I liked) seem to be for 5 lug patterns. :( I know there aren't a lot of vehicles that share our oddball bolt pattern, but I am really surprised at the lack of good options out there.

·
Registered
07 TrailblazerSS awd
374 Posts
Your options for a noncustom made wheel is very limited. Even if a website lists the wheel fitting our trucks it most likely doesn't so be sure to call before ordering if you do find some.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2008 TrailblazerSS
12,861 Posts
Like what? I'm looking myself. I tried to get some Factory Reproductions 20x8/ 10 combo in chrome, but they are currently on an unknown backorder time. So now that leaves me with spending right at $4k plus rubber. I was willing to spend $3k, but not $4k.
I too find it ridiculous that there's nothing in between $1200 and $4000.

~Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines~

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've looked on CarID, they don't have anything I'm super stoked on because I'm not into the "bling" wheels like Lexani/Gianni or lifted bro-truck wheels with nautical star center caps.

I fell in love with the Ruff Racing R2, I think it would look awesome on my black SS, but unfortunately it's only available in 5 lug. :(

R2 - Status Wheels

Since that's not an option, I'm leaning towards possibly the KMC Slide or Dub Push (both in solid black), but I may hold off in hopes for the Sierra repro...

·
Premium Member
2008 TrailblazerSS
12,861 Posts
This is what I want in a 20x8.5/ 10 combo. Getting away from star or spoke pattern wheels altogether without entering into the ghetto look.

Attachments

·
NOT SLOW, NOT FAST
TrailblazerSS
1,982 Posts
The wheel shop I went to was willing to drill my bolt pattern in any wheel that had a cap that cover the lugs. Check with some wheel places and see if you can find a wheel you like that has a cap that covers the lugs. You might be able to have them drilled. :2cents: Good luck

·
Jedi Knight
Saab 9-7x Aero
510 Posts
Wouldn't wheel adapters work? I see a few people using just spacers to get the edge to the wheel well. What would be the difference if a adapter was used?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2008 Trailblazer SS
3,987 Posts
This is what I want in a 20x8.5/ 10 combo. Getting away from star or spoke pattern wheels altogether without entering into the ghetto look.

i LOVE those wheels....in any variance of color and size, they look awesome

·
Premium Member
2008 TrailblazerSS
12,861 Posts
i LOVE those wheels....in any variance of color and size, they look awesome
Yeah, they are badass. At $3200 fully polished or $3700-$4000 with whatever coating or variance you'd like. Expensive.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Wouldn't wheel adapters work? I see a few people using just spacers to get the edge to the wheel well. What would be the difference if a adapter was used?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They would need to be a pretty high offset for adapters to work. Most trucks have a lower offset than ours to begin with, so you'd probably have to go with car wheels.

I was actually debating some Corvette wheels with some adapters since their offset is pretty high. I just worry about the weight loads with those wheels with our heavy trucks.

·
Premium Member
2008 TrailblazerSS
12,861 Posts
They would need to be a pretty high offset for adapters to work. Most trucks have a lower offset than ours to begin with, so you'd probably have to go with car wheels.

I was actually debating some Corvette wheels with some adapters since their offset is pretty high. I just worry about the weight loads with those wheels with our heavy trucks.
Yeah, fuck that. Wheel adapters are dangerous IMO.

·
Mattmikemark
2006 Trailblazer SS
5,366 Posts
Keep them torqued and they're no more dangerous than a wheel with a different offset than stock.

Reactions: Finkle and KA47

·
Premium Member
2008 TrailblazerSS
12,861 Posts
Keep them torqued and they're no more dangerous than a wheel with a different offset than stock.
Yes, but you cannot see the wheel adapter nuts without having to remove the wheels to access them. It can be done as you stated, but I'd prefer to have immediate access to the wheel nuts.

·
Premium Member
TBSS
1,279 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,679 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts