Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see alot of guys making power with blower's, strokers and what not but i'm curious of the N/A potential. What kind of power can be had from a Heads/Cam/Intake setup on our stock shortblocks. And if anything max cubes of 370 so no strokers. But with an aftermarket piston I believe the allowance of larger valve relief's come into factor with camshaft selection as well.

Is the L92 the only setup that can make mid-upper 400 at the wheels power?? This is phenominal by the way to the one's that have done it. I'm just curious what other combinations are out their that crank out some #'s but can still drive it everyday. On pump 93 of course.

Sorry guys just bored here stuck at work thinking of what direction I want to go. I'd settle for the cam route but right there it's about a $1k in just parts....so why not just add heads while i'm at it?? LOL

Right now I am stock except for a K&N so I know anything will bring this sucker back to life. i just want to do it right the 1st time. I have 1 7/8 Kooks, ory and complete exhaust waiting for it as well so I'd like to do it all at once.

·
=ЯΛWSSUM=
TrailblazerSS
1,137 Posts
I'm at the same stop sign.. I just installed my pacesetters, ory, tr6s, wires and was really wanting to know how far you can take the stock block without big power adders.. unfortuantly I spent pretty much evrythng I could by doing those bolt ons.. :dunno:

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,185 Posts
You can make mid 400 with L92 heads and a custom cam shaft. I have done it now with 2 different cams. The n/a cam made 446 and the nitrous cam make 457. Both cams do require tuning to make the daily driver part of it friendly. With the proper tuning you can drive them anywhere you want.

I dont know of but one (1gmfanatic) other truck that went over 450 on stock cubes. He used trick flow heads and a custom cam also.

When you step up to the 370 if you go forged the power adder game is only limited then by your pocket book. The forged 370 with power adder can easily make 600+ and more with the right set up.

Both trucks above are 2wd so there are prob. some awd drive that could make those numbers if they were 2wd.

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS AWD
4,063 Posts
With 12# of boost my stock block, stock heads and stock bottom end i'm pushing about 700HP/TQ at the crank. 521 HP/ 546 TQ at the wheels, AWD, stock trans and stock converter.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,681 Posts
Bubba with the L92 set up, i would change them out anyway but what are the differences in the hardware that comes along with them, pushrods, valves, springs, and what are their flow numbers compared to stocks?

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,185 Posts
Bubba with the L92 set up, i would change them out anyway but what are the differences in the hardware that comes along with them, pushrods, valves, springs, and what are their flow numbers compared to stocks?
Goto west caost cyclinder heads website they have all the flow charts on it. Valves depend on how light weight you want them to be. Springs will vary depending on cam choice.

WCCH-Stage 3 CNC L92 Heads
Titanium intake valves (coated)
Inconel exhaust valves
extreme springs

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,504 Posts
Goto west caost cyclinder heads website they have all the flow charts on it. Valves depend on how light weight you want them to be. Springs will vary depending on cam choice.

WCCH-Stage 3 CNC L92 Heads
Titanium intake valves (coated)
Inconel exhaust valves
extreme springs
Did you go with the stage 3 valves Bubba?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You can make mid 400 with L92 heads and a custom cam shaft. I have done it now with 2 different cams. The n/a cam made 446 and the nitrous cam make 457. Both cams do require tuning to make the daily driver part of it friendly. With the proper tuning you can drive them anywhere you want.

I dont know of but one (1gmfanatic) other truck that went over 450 on stock cubes. He used trick flow heads and a custom cam also.

When you step up to the 370 if you go forged the power adder game is only limited then by your pocket book. The forged 370 with power adder can easily make 600+ and more with the right set up.

Both trucks above are 2wd so there are prob. some awd drive that could make those numbers if they were 2wd.
Thanks for the advice, your setup is definitely atop the lists. Lot of time and effort went into your setup and it shows. Tuning worries me because I'm not sure who to go to around here for that.

Let's say I do go a 370 deal but start off with another block. What model block should I keep my eye open for? It really seems as if the L92 is the way to go but if their were other heads to try, which ones would they be. The titanium valves and inconel exhaust would be a little overkill for me at this point, so I could save some money there.

I am 2wd so that seems to make things alot easier as well. I will continue to collect the small parts as well like a new cold air, maf, and throttle body.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
With 12# of boost my stock block, stock heads and stock bottom end i'm pushing about 700HP/TQ at the crank. 521 HP/ 546 TQ at the wheels, AWD, stock trans and stock converter.
Killer setup you have their for sure, but the blower whine is just not for me at this point. They aren't cheap by any means either.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts