Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Jayco tent trailer that weights about 2500lbs. What transcooler are you guys using? I see the PCM one is popular and they offer a brakeduct or front mount one. Has anyone have issues with the brake duct mount one with rocks or anything kicking into it?

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
3,361 Posts
I have the PCM brake duct. No issues, pretty well protected. Probably your best option. At least IMO. Do the black braided hoses... They are nice.

·
Premium Member
06 black awd tbss
5,953 Posts
I'm running Jetttstreams cooler. But I don't believe they are readily available anymore.

And if the rest of them install like this one, you should be able to do it on your own. Very easy to install.

·
Registered
05 TrailblazerSS AWD
666 Posts
Fast brake duct cooler here...love it and install was cake

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
3,361 Posts
It is a fairly easy install and only requires basic hand tools. I currently have soft lines run straight from my trans to the cooler and am putting a thermostat in too so its a bit more custom now. But just as a supplement to the factory cooling its a easy install and works great.

·
Garage Queen
TrailblazerSS
2,055 Posts
PCM brake duct mounted one for me as well... no issues after 3 years... instructions were easy to follow, and i believe there was a youtube video around as well...

·
Hater
Duh
9,199 Posts
Pcm brake duct with stainless braided lines. Had it almost 4 years and 40k now. Easy install and awesome mounting solution.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I keep seeing the PCM cooler/fan when you can go buy the Perma cool cooler with a fan for like $200 Less??

Why is the PCM one so expensive??

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS
1,501 Posts
Does the permacool come with the custom brackets, braided lines and radiator fittings?
This!

When you buy from us, it's made specifically for a TBSS. Everything bolts in/mounts up very easily. The lines are pre-made (stainless/black braided) or super easy to put together (rubber line kits). There's no guess work about where to put it or how to mount it, we did that for you ;)

There's also no cutting or splicing of lines and hoping that a worm gear clamp will hold. We're using high quality AN fittings and pushlock fittings/hose good for more than 300psi.

Check them out here - TBSS Transmission Cooler Kits

If you'd still rather use your own cooler, we do offer a universal line kit that gives you rubber line and also the correct fittings to tap into the transmission lines without cutting/splicing.

·
Premium Member
'08 Silver TBSS
4,469 Posts
Pcm4less radiator cooler. Been running for 50k miles without a problem

Sent from my SGH-T599 using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
'08 Silver TBSS
4,469 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think I'm going to order the pcm brake duct kit. Thanks everyone! So when is pcmforless going to have a sale :)
I heard it may be Easter time

·
Registered
310 Posts
Does the permacool come with the custom brackets, braided lines and radiator fittings?

The Cooler I bought came with brackets, lines and fittings. It wasnt for the TB but for my camaro. Thats why I asked the question. Not trying to step on toes I was just curious

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
770 Posts
This!

When you buy from us, it's made specifically for a TBSS. Everything bolts in/mounts up very easily. The lines are pre-made (stainless/black braided) or super easy to put together (rubber line kits). There's no guess work about where to put it or how to mount it, we did that for you ;)

There's also no cutting or splicing of lines and hoping that a worm gear clamp will hold. We're using high quality AN fittings and pushlock fittings/hose good for more than 300psi.

Check them out here - TBSS Transmission Cooler Kits

If you'd still rather use your own cooler, we do offer a universal line kit that gives you rubber line and also the correct fittings to tap into the transmission lines without cutting/splicing.

where exactly can u mount these coolers?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts