Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS (Soon)
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, it's going to go. Whether it be a low ball offer from Carmax, or a trade in to a dealer for less than it's worth... The SS is soon to be gone. Now, I'll have about 8,000 dollars to spend for a "for the time being" car. For the time being means a couple years, but still, I cannot have a POS.

What, in that price range is going to be somewhat stylish, get decent gas mileage, and be reliable? I am having a hard time with my shopping. I know cars, but more brains mean more knowledge lol.

·
Registered
2008 AWD 3SS
947 Posts
You can look on my work website. let me know if you find anything close to your rage by about $1000 and I will see what I can do for you. its www.jeffdeals.com. I am in ohio but you arent too far away if I can help out.

Also we give pretty good $ for them on trade in.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS (Soon)
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the ls1 f body is what i am thinking, but i need to find one in that range that doesn't have half a million miles.

·
Premium Member
06' TBSS 2WD
3,410 Posts
a 6-spd ls1 car will get close to 30 mpg's if you keep the cruise set on 70.....did it plenty of times in my old 00' SS.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS (Soon)
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes. but if it's something i really like, i can look past a few things. I say this because the trailblazer is currently costing me $500 a month.

That, will be gone.

·
Banned
18,856 Posts
I dont know about most guys....But I do most oof my driving in the City.....And not all of its like Granny.
Granted it will be better....but if you are worried about Gas milage like you had stated Kenny....Another Performance V8 wouldnt be my choice....However the Loss of a $500 Payment would make a world of difference to make driving a V8 Daily much easier to do.

I do like the F-Body idea as you can find a TON of car for what you have to work with.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Banned
Supercharged TBSS
1,940 Posts
if u want something cheap and reliable get a nissan. u should be able to get something pretty decent for that price range. get a nice 2003 - 2006 altima. i sell them and i know the quality. or go with a cobalt.

·
Registered
2007 Trailblazer SS
490 Posts
a 6-spd ls1 car will get close to 30 mpg's if you keep the cruise set on 70.....did it plenty of times in my old 00' SS.
My old 02 z and my 99 SS now were both autos and I was getting close to that. Knew a few that were over 30 with 6 speeds. Even after heads/cam with a big stall running rich for N20 I probably got better mixed mileage than I do with the TBSS now.

But if you are actually trying to be practical for a few years, go all out. Get an econobox and don't do anything to it. If you are wanting to save money get something you wont mess around with.

·
Premium Member
06' TBSS 2WD
3,410 Posts
My old 02 z and my 99 SS now were both autos and I was getting close to that. Knew a few that were over 30 with 6 speeds. Even after heads/cam with a big stall running rich for N20 I probably got better mixed mileage than I do with the TBSS now.

But if you are actually trying to be practical for a few years, go all out. Get an econobox and don't do anything to it. If you are wanting to save money get something you wont mess around with.

I think I hit 32 mpg's a couple of times before I went heads/cam. I know for a fact I hit it once on a trip to Wisconsin, because my wife would barely let me get over 70! lol After the heads cam though, and even with 4.10's, I could still get 28.

As for around town mileage, keeping your foot out of it most of the time, low 20's are no problem at all.

·
NLMotorsports
TrailblazerSS
877 Posts
A buddy of mine acctually just put his 00 trans am up for sale 6m I think he said 87k on it he's asking 9k id buy it but its that tan color which I hate I can get u some info if ure interested

1 - 20 of 22 Posts