Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
'07 TBSS 1SS
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well. Project TBMSport Trailblazer RS- the 5.3L fleet Trailblazer LS 4x4 given a new lease on life has gotten gravely sick. It was bought with a bad 4L60-transplanted by a 6L80, SS wheels, SS rear bumper, and TBMSport single square valance/tips. The AFM/DoD went a couple of years ago. Black leather SS seats and steering wheel awaited their time to get installed with new black carpet.

:crybaby: But now....the little LH6 engine that could has chewed up its bearings and literally beats to a different drum. So she'll sit in the corner of the driveway as I figure out what to do with her. Not really sure it's worth it to drop another motor in it, even if I do upbuild or upsize her to a 6.0L.

Any suggestions on where to go with her this time around?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,864 Posts
Turbo a new I6. It will be like the supra of SUVs.

·
Premium Member
'07 TBSS 1SS
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I already have a 2008 Trailblazer LT, project blue flame, set aside for that. Good thinking though.:muahaha:

Maybe one of the new direct injection 5.3 liter engines.

·
Mattmikemark
2006 Trailblazer SS
5,366 Posts
I know the non-SS sits higher but damn what size tires are those?

·
Premium Member
2008 Black TBSS
3,475 Posts
LT1.

Just kidding.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,569 Posts
Junkyard 4.8 with a turbo.

·
Premium Member
'07 TBSS 1SS
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know the non-SS sits higher but damn what size tires are those?
Those were some super low profile like 35 tires that were given to me when I work for Audi doing consulting driving stuff. Within a week I hit a pothole and put two big bubbles in it
Duramax. Close thread lol
:idhitit: believe me when I say, I have thought about it for the past few years. Unfortunately because the cost of a Duramax engine is more than a built LS motor, I decided nahh. However in light of the new Colorado and forthcoming trailblazer, maybe. I have to do some measuring and see how big those heads are. Lol. Seriously I would if it wouldn't be an automatic emission fail matter
Junkyard 4.8 with a turbo.
Unfortunately by the time I do all the plumbing and turbo work I might as well just rebuild the motor even bigger and stronger. I would do it if I had my own shop space. But with winter coming I don't have the of knocking it out inmy driveway.

Good ideas.. Keep them coming.

·
Jedi Knight
Saab 9-7x Aero
510 Posts
Twin turbo I6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts