Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I bought my '08 TBSS I had a '03 Silverado with a set of Dynatech long tube headers, cats and y-pipe. I pulled all of that off before I sold it and have had them hanging on my garage wall ever since. I’ve tried to sell them a few times with no luck. According to Dynatech, these headers fit GM 4.8, 5.3, & 6.0L trucks and SUVs up to ’06. My question is what could have changed in ’07 to make these headers no longer fit? I’ve thought about pulling my SS’s factory manifolds to see if the headers really would fit or not, but that just seems like way too much work if they don’t.

This package is super nice and cost me $1500 dollars new before I had the stainless steel headers ceramic coated, so I’ve got $1800 in them. I’d much rather use them on the SS than sell them to someone for a third of what I paid.

I’m looking for suggestions of what I can do with these. My SS is an AWD, but I’m not sure if that causes problems with the exhaust or not. Does anyone have high res pics of their SS headers (any brand) that I can use to compare to these? I just want to look for obvious problems before I do anything else.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,012 Posts
willing to bet you will run into interference with the front drive shaft, among other things.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,655 Posts
I also don't think they'll clear, the engine bay/layout is different on the full size trucks. If your SS isn't your daily what's the harm in trying?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also don't think they'll clear, the engine bay/layout is different on the full size trucks. If your SS isn't your daily what's the harm in trying?
Actually this is my daily driver.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,655 Posts
Then putting those headers on is a headache you don't want... and if you modify them to fit and it doesn't work out, they're basically trash. Throw them up on ebay, somebody will bite.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
1 Posts
Dynatech headers

Do you still have the Silverado header kit and are you interested in selling it?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you still have the Silverado header kit and are you interested in selling it?
Yes I still have it, and yes I'm interested in selling it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts